Chapter 7: The Servant's Necklace

**Rose's POV**

I retreated from the door. I can't believe I ever trusted these people. Jack isn't gone. They don't know. They aren't even trying to get him back. They have no clue wether or not he's a true enemy.

I walked over to the bed and laid down. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep and forget that Jack was gone. Sleep never came. I would either remember the images of that day in my mind and start to cry or I would start to fall asleep and get random nightmares. The nightmares were the worst because they wouldn't always be about Jack and they always woke me. Whenever I woke up, I would remember that Jack wasn't there to stop the nightmares and then I would start to cry again.

After a few hours I finally just decided that I wouldn't fall asleep so I got up and tried the door again. It was still locked, but I heard voices from the other side of the door. It sounded like Tooth and Bunny, but who knows, Sandy could have been there too.

"So.. who's gonna break the news to Rose?" asked Tooth. There was silence for a couple of seconds and then she spoke again. "Well of course we're going to tell her! We can't just let her live without knowing."

"Tooth, Sandy may have a point. If we tell her that he'll die then she'll freak out. You remember what happened last time!" said Bunny, with a terrible sadness in his voice. 

"No, we have to tell her. I don't care what the consequences are. I do remember what happened last time, but we weren't prepared for the unimaginable, and this time we are." she replied sternly. What on earth are they talking about? There was silence for a couple of seconds and Bunny answered whatever symbols Sandy must have shown him.

"I get it Sandy, but Kiran was my best friend, with Shiloh coming in a close second. They had been there  ever since I could remember! I do not want to go through that pain again. It took me five centuries to get over that and if the same exact thing happens again, I don't know if I can take it." he said. 

"You could be right. We could just prevent her from knowing that he's truly gone and... I don't know. This sounds terrible. Is this really the right thing to do?" she asked, unsure. 

"Of course it is, I'll get her up for dinner and I'll met you two there." replied Bunny. I heard wings flutter away and Bunny muttering things to himself. His footsteps walked towards my door and the door was unlocked.

Any normal eaves-dropper would back away as quickly as possible to conceal the fact that they had been eaves-dropping, but I didn't. It was as if I was frozen in my spot as tears started to fall from my eyes. The door opened and Bunny saw me standing there.

"Rose! What-Did you? Why are- Oh no." he said, not forming complete sentences. 

"Let me out of here! He can't die!" I screamed at him. His eyes were sad as he blocked my exit and refused to let me leave. I started to hit him repeatedly in the chest, but he didn't budge. He just let me hit him.

"Rose, you can't go. No one can save him. You don't know what will happen." he told me.

"Then tell me what happened! Tell me why I can't go!" I yelled. He sighed and grabbed my wrists, stopping my constant pounds at him. 

"If you sit and listen... and don't leave, I will tell you." he told me. I stopped hitting him and he pointed to the bed where I sat to hear his ridiculous reason as to why I couldn't save Jack.

"It happened a many centuries ago. Before Jack was even existed at all. His name was Kiran, Guardian of Light. He was very powerful. I was told that after about a century of being a Guardian, he was chosen to be a Guard. He had been informed by North already what that meant, so he understood everything. North and Sandy were already around, but the rest of us were not. Following so far?" asked Bunny. I nodded and he continued.