Chapter 23: Symbolism

[Author's Note]

I felt I should warn you about this chapter - bc it was brought to my attention in previous chapters/comments that some readers are more sheltered than others - SO if you feel strongly about keeping things nice and well not gory - I would recommend avoiding parts of this chapter. I don't know how you will avoid those parts, but idk just do it. I don't want any comments that say "wow that was harsh blah blah blah"

In other words, you;ve been warned. (It isn't the MOST gory thing in the world, but I'm pretty sure it's the most gory thing in this story so far. so sorry, but it was in this other story that I read and the story was amazing, so i included it. SHOUT OUT TO THAT STORY - IM GIVING YOU ALL THE CREDIT FOR THIS IDEA!!)

ok read on! (:

**Rose's POV**

"That was perfect timing, my dear." Pitch said to Iris seconds after we landed through the portal. My wrists were no longer bound so I began to search for an exit. I squinted through the darkness, but it appeared that we were in a very large room that had no doors whatsoever.

"Don't waste your time, Rose. The only way in and out is through a portal." he told me as his attention was taken away from Iris.

"They'll find me before you can do anything. I suggest you leave me alone or they'll beat you up when they get here." I threatened. 

"They won't find you. They'll never find you." he laughed and began to walk forward. I backed myself away from him until I felt the wall hit my back and I couldn't get any further away, "Now, tell me my future if you don't mind."

"I do mind! I'm not telling you that." I returned, refusing to give in. 

"Of course you will. Want to know what will happen if you don't tell me?" he said with a sickening smile. I began to back away, but the slack sand was too quick. He shot it at me and it ended up hitting my arm. I watched as the sand turned itself into a sharp blade and slid itself down my arm. It had only lasted mere seconds, the whole action I mean. I let out a scream as the blade still traced itself down and in an instant I had pulled my arm away. The smell of copper filled the air and I looked down to see the blood dripping down. 

"Now, are you going to show me my future, or will you allow yourself to keep hurting this way?" he asked. I narrowed my eyes at him. No pain he can put me in will make me show his future to him.

"Never."

"What if I told you that every time you force me to hurt you, it affects Jack too?" he replied. 

"Physical pain doesn't affect him." I replied, more so convincing myself than him.

"Are you sure? Are you willing to take that risk?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

**Jack's POV**

The pain had faded and we were really all just sitting here, not sure what to do.

"I got it!  Obviously you can just concentrate on her location, right?" Bunny said proudly.

"Honestly, c'mon. If I was able to do that right now, we wouldn't be here. I actually have no clue what to do." I said to them. Silence fell over us again. 

"Guys, what if we never get her back?" I whispered as I looked up at my friends. I hoped that wouldn't happen, but I know it's a possibility. And I could tell from the looks on their face that they knew it too.

"We will, Jack. She'll be back here in no time at all." Tooth comforted. I was about to reply when an idea ran through my mind.

"I've got it. I'll use the telepathy." I told them. Their faces brightened and I began to form my thought.