Chapter 25: A Broken Promise

**Iris's POV**

I stood there watching as Pitch stared at the space where the portal was only seconds ago. He face was ridden with shock. All that only happened in about ten minutes. If Jack and Bunnymund had come here any later, Rose would not have been alive.

"Pitch, you're going to leave them alone, aren't you?" I asked him. He blinked his eyes and looked over at me. 

"What? Of course not. I've figured out how to gain the control. I get it now." he replied as he got up off the ground. He began pacing around and then snapped his fingers.

"What are you on about now? You promised to leave them alone." I argued. This was all fun and games at first, but I've grown tired of it. Doing bad, I mean. When Pitch gets up to his antics, I usually go sit in the room. I just don't like taking part in something that I know others will hate me for. 

"You actually thought I would keep that promise? Yeah right. I don't thinks so. And I've figured out what we've been doing wrong all this time. We were close this last time, but I know our mistake." he told me. 

"Okay, and what was the mistake?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"We gave Jack and Bunny all the power. We had the key to defeating both of them right here with us, but they were in control of the situations, and we lost." he said, motioning his hands for emphasis.

"I don't understand.."

"It's simple really. If we have control of what goes on, then they can't stop us. Rose was in an open position and was easily take. As were you, which wasn't the best thing. And with you not using you powers, it all just was doomed from the start." he told me with a glare. I only rolled my eyes in return. I've told him many times that it is not my choice to not use my powers. I wasn't meant for darkness. I was meant for colors and bright, and when I don't have those things, I lose energy. No energy means no powers. Unfortunately Pitch doesn't believe me.

"Anyway, we will try again. Eventually. But first we need to build this place up better. Make it less accessible. Make it so that when we try to gain power again, they have no way to win. And one way to make that process easier is to destroy the only thing protecting them..." he rambled, sending me a sly smile as he spoke his final sentence.

**Rose's POV**

We walked into the dining room and it all quieted down. The others all watched as Jack and I walked in and took a seat. Even Felicity, who is pretty much a little kid, was silent.

"Rose, are you okay?" I know we saw you before, but we wanted to give you a chance to wake up." Tooth asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. I avoided looking up because I knew that they would all be looking at me, and I do not do well with that.

"Your hand or chest doesn't hurt anymore?" Bunny inquired. I shook my head. 

"No, I feel fine. You can all stop worrying. I'm okay." I said as I grew frustrated. 

"We can't stop worrying. Because something bad is always happening to you two and it's quite terrifying to know that. That one second you could be here perfectly fine and the next you could be dead or joining the enemy or who knows what." North said with a raised voice. I pushed my plate back and got up, forgetting my hunger in less than a second. I left the room, rather slowly might I add, not really sure where I planned to go. I just got so frustrated.

**Felicity's POV**

I watched as Rose stormed out of the room, silencing North. 

"Awesome. Just awesome." Jack muttered as he got up to go after her. The room got quiet before Bunny spoke up.