Chapter 21: With a Bit of Luck, Maybe We Can Disappear

**Rose's POV**

In seconds we were through the portal and surrounded by rolling hills of green. 

"Where are we?!" I asked in amazement. I leaned over the side to see we were that high up, so not only was I not afraid, but I could see all the patches of little clovers that covered the ground. 

"This is Ireland. Land of the lucky! Ever heard of the luck of the Irish?" replied North. I shook my head, but he didn't continue.

"It takes about an hour to get to the countryside from this spot, so sit tight. I won't fly up too high, but you might get rather bored." North informed us. I relaxed in my seat, thankful that North didn't want me to be afraid. After a couple minutes of thinking about our previous location, a question popped up in my head.

"Hey guys, I have a question about Cupid.." I said to them. I looked at Jack only to find that he had fallen asleep. Figures.

"What is it?" North replied.

"Well, I get that the fairies or whatever do the work and spread love, so does that mean that Cupid does nothing? I mean he can't have that huge place only to sit there and do nothing." 

"Well he does just sit there most of the time, but he doesn't do nothing. He has this odd ability to use love to heal someone's past. For example, say some spirit finds out that he was a homeless person who was treated poorly in his mortal life. Cupid would use the love power to make the person lose the anger and hatred for that event. Kind of like a band-aid." North informed me. It sounded like quite a unique ability, but something about it didn't sit right with me.

"Well if it makes that person feel less anger and hatred towards that event, what if said person were to not feel as strongly about stopping that in the future. Like helping out a person in a similar situation. Would they feel less inclined to help that person?"

"It's possible, but from what I've heard, I don't think that it's very likely." 

"Ahh, I see. Well I was just wondering, cause it would be dumb if Cupid did absolutely nothing and got all that stuff." I said yawning.

"You know, as much as Jack may hate it, I think you and Cupid will be seeing a lot of each other. With you being able to see the past and all." he told me. "Now get some sleep. We still have about 50 minutes before we get there."

I turned to the side and laid down on the cushioned floor of the sleigh. Sleep came over me almost instantly.

**Felicity's POV**

"C'mon Bunny. Hop on over, it's time for the next round." I exclaimed, running to the globe and putting my hand on it. "You count."

"Fliss, we've been playing hide and seek for hours. Can't we do something else?" he complained, also putting his hand on the globe.

"No. I'm having fun." I glared. He shook his head but began counting anyway.

As soon as he got to 3 I took off. I ran down the hall and rounded into a random room, shutting the door behind me as quietly as possible. I looked around to see a room mostly colored in pink. Rose's room. I crawled on the floor and squirmed under the bed. I sat there for a few minutes until something caught my eye.

On the floor was a small blue, heart-shaped jewel on a small silver chain. It reached out and picked it up. When I did this the jewel began to glow. I heard Bunny's footsteps from outside the door, so I shrugged the glowing off and stuck it in my pocket.

**Rose's POV**

I woke up to a shaky feeling. When I opened my eyes I saw North violently shaking me, yet there was a calm look on his face.