Chapter 14: The Trouble with Guards

**Jack's POV**

I stared at Bunny as I came to the sudden realization he was aiming for me to get at.

"Bunny I- I can't. I can't. He'll kill me." I told him. Bunny's eyes grew more desperate. 

"Please! I'm begging you! The pain the world, and I, will suffer.. You don't want that kind of blood on yours hands, trust me. Just let me go." he begged. I closed my eyes together, thinking long and hard about this decision. I finally sighed as I reached a conclusion. 

"Fine. Fine. As much as I hate you, I can't just let you die." I told him, giving in to his pleads. Bunny sighed in relief. "First, I have to do something." 

I took a piece of the bubble that still encased him and wrapped it around his eyes so that he wouldn't know where the lair is at. I then silently snuck through the halls and out of the entrance of the lair. We flew for I don't know how many miles before I decided we were far enough away. We landed on the ground, Bunny not so softly  The bubble that wrapped around him disappeared and we just faced each other, silently.

"I won't let him hurt you, Jack." he said in a concerned tone. I sighed, knowing there was nothing he could do to stop what The Master would do.

Jingling bells were heard throughout the sky as well as shouts of the Guardians finding Bunny. He looked into the sky for a second, and I took that second as my chance to get out of there. I backed into the shadows and watched as the sleigh landed behind Bunny. They all jumped out and ran to Bunny, hugging him and saying how glad they were that he was okay. All except Rose. Bunny looked back to where I was previously standing, only to find that I was no longer there. Confusion hit him before he remembered why I had let him go in the first place. I heard the gasps of all the Guardians when Bunny showed them his boomerang before I slipped into the shadows and returned to the lair.

**Bunnymund's POV**

I looked behind me to see if Jack was still there, but he had disappeared. Suddenly I remembered what had happened about half an hour ago. I gripped the boomerang in my hands before showing it to North. Everyone gasped as they saw the golden plaque at the bottom of my boomerang. 

"Bunny, explain everything as we head to the safety bunker." said North.

"We can't go to the bunker. They interrogated me. Jack.. He has these new powers. They are terrifying and trust me when I say they hurt." I said, motioning to the bruises and cuts on my body. "I-I told them where the bunker is. I told them a lot of things. I'm sorry. The pain was too much."

They all looked at my wounds and then each other with frightened faces.

"Okay, then explain when we get to the warren on the sleigh." North decided. Normally I would have protested to the sleigh ride, but at the moment I really didn't care. We all climbed into the sleigh and with the help of a magic portal, we were at the warren in minutes.

"Okay, now tell us all that happened." Tooth said in a very serious tone. 

"I was standing in my room, putting the boomerang away. I turned and Jack was standing in the corner of my room. I swear I had no clue he was there. Who knows how long he was there. He told me he needed to come with him. I refused, unaware of the new power he possessed  When I refused to go with him, his staff glowed a neon yellow before he flung some sort of weird energy at me. It felt like being hit with a thousand knives while having another thousand hot irons pressed against your skin. I begged him to stop and he did, but the bolt transformed into some weird cell thing, and the next thing I knew, we were in The Master's lair." I informed them. They all looked pretty shocked.