Chapter 18: Nightmares, Time Control, and the Past

**Rose's POV**

"Oh my goodness... What was that!?" I said to myself as Jack lead me through the halls to wherever North was at.

"What happened?" he asked as he grew tired of my constant whispering.

"I-I touched you hand and.. I think I saw your past.. and future.." I whispered, barely audible.

"What did you say?" he

asked, still looking rather bored. I opened my mouth to answer him, but right at that moment we ran into the person we were looking for.

"Perfectly on time you two! Let's all go to dinner." North said in a jolly voice.

"Sorry North, but we can't go to dinner. Something odd happened." I told him.

**Bunny's POV**

"Fliss, we gotta go to dinner." I sighed, my headache still present.. just not as severe. I heard her sniffle a little and peer out from under the covers of the bed. We're staying in Jack's room seeing as Rose and Jack almost always spend the night in her room.

"Those black horse things aren't gonna be there are they?" she asked timidly. I sighed again and shook my head.

"No. They aren't. And even if they were, I would never let them anywhere near you." I assured her. She sat up a little more, becoming less afraid. The tests that she was in had nightmares seconds away from killing her. If it isn't obvious, North will get a good talking to and be forced to change them. Felicity hasn't come out of the corner bed all day.

"Are there any of those things here? What are they?" she asked me in both curiosity and fear.

"They're called nightmares, and no, there are none of those things here. They'll never be able to get in, so you don't have to be afraid of them." I told her. I slowly walked over to the bed and held out my hand for her to take, "Now, let's go eat."

**Rose's POV**

"Explain to me what happened. Explain exactly." North said with a serious face. I groaned as I tried to recollect every detail that occurred minutes ago.

"Ok.. Well Jack wanted me to help him off the ground, so I grabbed his hand to help him up. When I did I saw flashes of him when he had brown hair and now. Some flashes of him were happy, some were sad, some were serious, and in some he was mad. When I opened my eyes, he was trying to wake me up. And then we came to you." I explained as best as I could.

"Well this is a very rare thing. As with any other thing that happens to the two of you, I thought I would have more time to explain things." he said in frustration, "but anyhow, there is a lot to tell you."

"Well if you could hurry up and tell me why I saw those things, it would really be great and pause my freaking out." I said, aggravation clear in my voice.

"Right. Well.. I'll just get right to the point. Rose, you're a time seer." he informed me.

"Wha-what?! How? Why?" I said in shock. I looked at Jack and he was clearly shocked as well.

"After a Guard becomes fully trained, the guarded spirit is able to gain her powers. I'll repeat what I think I've told you about a hundred times and say I thought I had a lot more time to explain this. There are many types of powers a guarded spirit can get, obviously none of them being defensive powers." he explained slightly.

"Okay, so what kind of powers can they get?" asked Jack curiously.

"He or she can get the power to sing and cause a single emotion in others, the power to fly, the power to have extreme flexibility, or even see through time. Seeing through time is the most rare." he replied.

"And that's what I do?" I asked, amazed.

"Yes. You can see a persons past and future by simply touching them. Eventually you won't be unaware of your surroundings when you touch someone." He replied, "The fact that you have this ability puts you in a very dangerous situation."

I made a scrunched up confused face when I heard his words, "Wait, why does that mean I'm in danger?"

"We'll talk about it later, but right now we need to go eat." he said. I nodded and followed the two of them to the dining room.

When we got there, everyone was already sitting down and eating. We took the remaining seats and joined in.

"Hey, uhhh, North? Mind if I have a word with you after we're done here?" said Bunny, sending him a cold glare. Wow, who would ever guess what that could be about. If you didn't catch on, that was sarcasm.

"Oh.. Well I don't think that would be best..." North began, obviously knowing that he would be in trouble.

"No. It would be best, unless you want to talk about it right now." Bunnymund retaliated. North glanced around a bit before changing the subject.

"Rose can see through time." He said quickly as to get the attention off of him. Bunny's face turned from anger at North to surprise at me, as well as pretty much everyone else.

"You can do that! No way.." said Bunny in surprise. Suddenly everyone started talking at once, saying how happy they were that I could see their whole past and things like that. When they realized that they all wanted the same thing, they began fighting over who would get to use my power first.

North leaned over so only I could hear and whispered, "This is why things are dangerous."

"Stop!" I shouted over their shouting words, "You guys can all see your past. This is silly and you don't need to fight over it. It's not like I'm only gonna be here for a little while."

"I guess you're right. Sorry... But I totally call dibs on going first." Tooth replied. I rolled my eyes as the others began to argue again.

"This is hopeless." I sighed.

"Hey! Shut up! Look, I'm getting really fed up with your arguing and you haven't even been arguing for long. How about we all make a single file line.. with me at the front." Jack said trying to calm them down, although the last few words he said didn't really do the job.

Hey! That's not fair! Sandy signed with an angry face.

I rolled my eyes and my eyes glanced to Felicity. She was sitting in her chair, completely out of the conversation. I walked over to her and sat down by her.

"Hey Felicity! How are you?" I asked her.

"Well, good I guess," she said quietly as she glanced over to the others, who by the way were still fighting, "I don't really like all the fighting."

I laughed at her comment, "Yeah, me neither. Let's get outta her, yeah? How about we go explore the toys." I suggested. She giggled and nodded, grabbing my hand to pull me in the direction of the toyshop. Unfortunately I spaced out before we got anywhere.

I was standing in a backyard of some family's house. It was a small white house with a small swingset in the back. There was a dog sitting in the back, watching the the owners he belonged to. There was a mand and a woman, I'm assuming that they were a married couple. They were hold a baby boy, trying to get him into the kiddie seat of the swingset.

"Hey, Mark! Where's Fliss?" asked the woman. The man, most likely Mark, looked up with confusion on his face. It soon turned to a relieved face and the sound of the back door opening was heard. I turned around and Felicity was there, running from the house to the swingset. She looked about 12 years old and she was wearing the same dress she usually has on.

"Fliss, what were you doing?" asked the woman.

"I was putting my shoes on mom. Can I go see if Katie can come play with me?" she asked in a cute little girl voice. Her om laughed and nodded. Felicity took off toward the direction of the street. She was right in the middle of it when the loud sound of horn blared through the air. The image filled with red and then faded.

"Rose! Are we still going to see the toys?" asked Felicity. I gasped as I realized what I had seen.

**AUTHOR"S NOTE**

hey guys! im so sorry it took SOOOO long to update.. i had SOO many tests to take [and im pretty sure i failed them all] but i finally came up with this. Sorry that it sucks a lot. BUt here ya go! Also sorry if its super short!

love you lovelies! :3