Alternet Ending #1

Mr. Sawer handed back my paper upside down. "See me after class, Ms. Surrett."

As he walked away, I turned over my paper. There was a big fat F on it. I sighed quietly and put it away. I meant to put it in my folder, but it fell out of my hands and skidded into the isle. I tried to get it before anyone saw it, but Tim (the most annoying kid in my class), grabbed it before I could. He looked at the grade and snickered. "Well, well, well. Miss. I've-Never-Gotten-An-F-Before finally broke her streak."

"Give it back, Tim," I said through gritted teeth.

"Gravity Falls? What kind of name for a town is that?"

I stood up and tried to snatch the paper from his hands, but he was determined to keep it away. "Dipper, eh?" Tim said. "Who's that? You're boyfriend?"

I yanked the paper from his hands. "No. He's my friend."

"Yeah," said a girl that sat about two seats behind Tim, Paige. "Who'd wanna date you anyway?"

I flushed slightly. I walked back to my seat and plopped down. If they knew about my powers...

No. I told myself firmly. Remember last time you tried to use them?

I shudded slighly at the thought. I had slowly felt my mind slipping away. Everything went cold and dark. My sanity had been hanging on by a thread. I should have used that antidote Dipper had sent me.

Paige wasn't done. "And who made that terrible sweater she's wearing anyway, her grandma?"

I ignored her. I was used to the insults. Bullying comes naturally to people who try to stay relativly peaceful and are kinda smart.

Mr. Sawer went on with the lesson like normal. I started out the window most of the time. I like English, don't get me wrong, but Mr. Sawer makes it super boring.

Soon, the bell rang. I picked up my stuff slowly, waiting for everyone else to leave before I went up to Mr. Sawer.

He pointed to the chair in front of his desk. I sat. Oh, boy.

"Ms. Surrett," Mr. Sawer said. "Do you know why you failed that paper?"

I knew perfectly well, but I shook my head.

"Because I gave you this assignment to write down what you did over the summer, not the plot to a fantisy novel."

"But its all true!" I blurted out.

Mr. Sawer gave me a hard look. "Do I look like I was born yesterday?"

I shook my head. "But-"

"No buts," Mr. Sawer said. The next bell rang. "Ms. Surrett, you are in high school. I expect you to act like an adult."

How can I act like an adult when everyone treats me like a kid?

"Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good," Mr. Sawer said. "Now," he wrote out a pass. "I expect great things from you. But just write a book of fiction of something. It would be better appreciated."

I grabbed my stuff and nodded. "Yes, sir"

A/N:
I honestly think of this as more of a deleted scene.
It goes somewhere in between the last chapter and the epilogue.
I'd say like age 14, beggining of freshman year.