Chapter 20: Finding the Fountain

It took us an hour or so, but all four of us working together found a way to get us all down. I totally had forgotten about the bag I had and in that bag... I took out the rope. "I think, we're ready to go."

Soos picked up Dipper and we tied him to the rope, then we started tying ourselves on. I hoped this was a good idea.

We tied the other end of the rope securly around a bunch of junk around the room. "Don't worry," Soos said. "I'm 77% sure that this will hold us."

"Better then nothing," I said.

Wendy threw the rope down and started to climb in after it. Soos followed with Dipper dangling between him and Mabel, who started down too. I went last.

As we lowered ourselves down, I saw the most peculiur looking enviorment. "What is all this?" I asked.

"This is the abandon mines of Gravity Falls," Mabel said. "Dinosaurs are trapped in tree sap down here."

"Really?" I asked. "Real Dinosaurs?"

"Yup. One of them escaped the sappy prison, that was the pteridactle, and terorized us. But we got it under control."

"Hey!" Wendy said. "I can see the volcano from here!"

We all looked in the direction Wendy was. She was right, I was just wondering how I missed it. It took up a lot of the underground ecosystem. "How are we going to find that fountain?" I asked.

"Well, its somewhere near the volcano," Mabel said. "We'll find it."

Wendy touched the ground first, then Soos with Dipper, then Mabel, and finally me. I couldn't belive what I was seeing. Okay, I usually enjoy dragons more then dinos, but I had to admit this was pretty cool.

We started off toward the volcano. "I can't belive this place," Wendy said. "I thought all the dinosaurs died out."

"Well, here they are," I said, pointing to a bunch trapped in tree sap.

"We should keep moving," Soos said. "These things are still giving me the creeps."

"Me too," Wendy said. We started walking faster. It felt like all the eyes of the dinosaurs where watching me. I gulped and walked straight into Soos. "Oops," I said. "Sorry, Soos."

"Look," Wendy said.

We all looked to where she was looking. Near the top of the volcano, was a fountain. "That has to be it!" I said.

"Came on," Mabel said. "The faster we get there, the sooner we can help Dipper."