Chapter 26: You Stupid Coward!

We found ourselves at a dead end. "Do you think that Pacifica lied to us?" I asked.

Mabel shrugged. "Possibily. But why?"

"I'll tell you why," said a familiar voice. Mabel and I spun around.

Dipper was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed. He stood up and walked over to us. "I have you right where I want you."

Mabel balled her hands into fists. "Get out of my brother's body!"

Bipper tapped his chin. "Hmmm, let me think." He flicked his wrist and both me and Mabel where both floating in the air, unable to move. "No."

"Why don't you fight us without using Dipper as a shield," I said. "Or are you too weak?"

"Your mockery doesn't effect me as it does you wimpy humans." He closed his hand and Mabel let out a cry of pain. "Stop!" I said.

He lifted his eyebrow at me. "You know, Short Stack," Bill said. "You really are a party pooper. And, what's the expression? One bad grabe ruins the something-or-other? Well, anyways, Pine Tree here's helping me with something big. Yeah, its against his will, but it's working. I'm getting more powerful by the minute!"

He held out his hand and the journal came flying out of its hiding spot in my jacket. "No!"

Bill let out a laugh. "At last!" Green light swirled around Dipper. Then he froze and the light disapeared. He blinked. Mabel and I fell out of the sky. "W-what's going on?" Dipper asked. He looked at the book in his hands. "Oh, crap," he said. "Get the journal out of here!" He threw it at Mabel. "Go!"

"But we need to save you!" Mabel said.

"Get me later! Hide the book where he'll never find it!" Dipper looked like he hadn't slept in days. I had to practicly drag Mabel away from him. "Come on! We have to!"

"But he's my brother!" Mabel said, trying to get free of my grip.

"We can't help him if he gets the book!" I said.

Mabel finally followed me, but soon after she turned, she fell. Then she was pulled backwards by some invisible force. "Kayla! Help!"

I grabbed her arms and pulled with all my might, but the pull was getting stronger. Mabel threw the book. "Hide it!"

"I'm not leaving you!" I said. "Not again!"

"Trust me!" Mabel said. She sounded really panicy. "I'll create a distraction! Just go!'

Then, she slipped out of my hands with a scream. "Mabel!' I yelled. I felt hopeless. I grabbed the stupid journal and ran. Oh, I ran faster then I ever did in my life. I have to get to the Shack!

I got into the woods before I finally stopped runnimg. I put my hands on my knees and took deep breaths. I coughed umtil I felt like I would cough up my lung. I took more deep breaths and leaned against a tree. Oh, Kayla you coward! I scolded myself. Here you are, running away once more!

After I was done yelling at myself, I tried to process what had just happened. What was that green light? That hadn't happened before. How could Bill be getting stronger? Dipper hasn't changed since he was last inhabited by Bill. Was he?

I finally took a deep breath and started running again. I got to the Mystery Shack in about ten minutes. I slipped in the Shack and got upstairs. I looked around. Where won't Bill look?

I glanced under Mabel and Dipper's beds but I decided not to even try. Everyone looks under the beds first. Not in the closet either. Too easy. I decided not to put it in Dipper and Mabel's room. I walked out of the attic and into the hall. I found another room. The door said no admitence, so I had to go in. I slowly opened the door....

....and found myself in a bedroom. A very messy beadroom to be precise. I guessed it was Stan's room. It didn't smell the best and I slipped on a pair of underwhere. The optomistic part of me told me they where hopefully clean.

I was too scared to open any of the doors or chests in Stan's room. Who knew what I'd find! I don't want to be scared for life just because of some mission.

I saw a vending machine sitting alone on a side of the room. I walked over to it. It looked broken. There was something about it that seemed... weird. I pressed a couple buttons. Nothing. I shrugged it off. What's so weird about a vending machine? I asked myself. Then I turned to find myself face to face with Stan Pines himself. And he didn't look happy.