Chapter 6: Interigation

I somehow pulled Dipper upstairs without anyone noticing. I brought him to the attic and set him down. I ran to the closet and unlocked him.

Mabel jumped when I got the door open. Then she gave me a huge smile. "Kayla!" She said jumping up. "You're okay!" She wraped me into a hug. I gave her one back. She spotted Dipper. "Oh, no."

She walked over to her brother's body. "Was he giving you trouble?"

"Obviously. But I tricked him into scaring away the werewolf," I said. I looked around the room. "Do you have anything we can secure him with?"

Mabel looked around the room. She walked over to a box and took out some handcuffs. "Will this do?"

"Where did you even get those?" I asked.

Mabel shrugged. "Now where do we put him?"

"On the bed post," I suggested. We pulled him over and locked him on. "Wait, you do have a key, don't you?"

"Um..." Mabel said. "Its probably around here somewhere. Anyways, we should get you home. Your parents must be worried about you."

"No way!" I said. "I can't leave you with Bill possesing your brother."

Mabel smiled. "Thanks, Kayla."

I glanced at Dipper. "Why did he do it?"

"He thought it would help," Mabel said with a sigh. "He's always getting into so much trouble and its usually because he's trying to protect me. Bill must have lied to him about the werewolf being a hazard to me or something. He'll never learn that I can fight for myself.

"I guess its the way siblings work," I said. "You want to keep them out of danger."

Mabel crossed her legs. "But Bill?" She asked. "Why?" She glared at Dipper. "It was hard enough the first time Bill took over his body. Now it's worse! Now he can feel everything Bill puts him through. Last time Bill almost killed him!"

I put an arm around my friend's shoulder. "We'll figure this out," I promised. "I won't let Dipper suffer at the the hand of this mad man."

Mabel smiled a little. "Now you're starting to sound all smarty pants like Dipper," she said.

I shrugged. "It runs in our family."

Dipper stirred. Mabel and I both jumped back. Bipper opened his eyes. "You really think you can stop me?" He asked. He tried to get up, but the handcuffs held him in place. "Hey!" He yelled. "What is this?"

"We can't let you out of our sight," Mabel said, crossing her arms. "We don't want to destroying anything important or whatnot."

I nodded. "And we can't let you go around hurting Dipper either."

Bipper smiled coldly. "Please," he said. "I'll let go of the kid when I'm finished with him. I swear on it."

"Sorry, Bill," I said. "But we can't belive a word you say."

Bipper rolled his eyes at me. Well, his yellow one. Now that was a strange sight. "Geez, Short Stack," he said. "It's like you don't trust me!"

"News flash," I said, crossing my arms. "I don't!"

"You're smart," he said. "Not as smart as some, but smarter than most."

"Can we gag him?" Mabel asked.

I gave a lopsided smile. "Be my guest."

"Hey!" Bipper said.  "That's not fair!"

Mabel stuffed a sock in his mouth. "It's Dipper's," she said. "He never does laundry, so that should hold him for a while."

Bipper struggled to spit the sock out. His yellow eye turned red with rage.

I glanced at Mabel. "Are you sure those handcuffs can hold him?" I asked.

Mabel shrugged. "I hope so." He stomach growled. "I'm starving! Want to get something to eat?"

"I don't know," I said. "Wht about him?" I pointed to Bipper.

"I'll go get you something," Mabel said. "I should proabably get something for Dipper too. I don't want him to die of starvation." She slipped out the door.

I glanced at Bipper. He was still trying to get the sock out. I wasn't going to stop him. What was the worst he could do to me?

He finally worked the sock out of his mouth. He clenced his teeth. "I'm not through with you, Short Stack!" He said. "Worst things are coming."

"I could've guessed that," I said. "Can I speek to Dipper?"

Bill glared at me. "Fine," he said, after a minute.

Dipper shook his head as if to clear it. "Kayla!" He gasped. "You have to get Bill out! He's eating up my every existance! I don't know what he's planning,  but I think I only have a week left! I have to get him out!"

"We're working on it," I said.

Dipper took a deep breath. "I can't let you and Mabel down," he said. "But it's getting too hard. His soul is interwinded with mine. He'll only let me go when he's done with me."

"Dipper," I said. "We'll get him out, don't worry. There has to be another way. In the meantime, you should get some sleep."

He had bags under his normal eye and his head was nodding. "O-okay," Dipper got out before he drifted off.

The door opened and Mabel walked in. She handed me a plate of eggs and bacon. She turned to Dipper. "Should I wake him?"

I shook my head. "He needs the sleep. Let's hope he'll eat it when he wakes up."

Mabel nodded and set the plate of food down next to Dipper. "Now what do we do?"

"I don't know," I said. "But we shouldn't leave Dipper alone."