Chapter 9: Enemies Unite

Gideon? Who the heck was this guy? He was clearly someone Mabel knew, but why was there so much tenstion between them? The guy didn't look like much of a threat to me.

Mabel glanced at me in a tell you later sort of look. I could live with that.

Gideon looked at me. "And who might this be?" He asked. "Did little Dipper finally get a girlfriend?"

I gritted my teeth. I hated it when people assumed a guy that you're friends with imediatly thinks you're a couple. I wanted to go over and give him a peice of my mind. "I'm Kayla," I said. "And who the heck are you?"

"These two," Gideon said, gesturing to the Pine's twins. "They ruined my life! I'm here to get revenge!"

I set Dipper down. "Woah, dude," I said. "Let's not get violent. I'm new here and I have no idea what your history is with Dipper and Mabel, but I'm just warning you, I've been in this town for one day, and I've already met the most dangerous being in the world! I could take you on."

"Besides, Gideon," Mabel said, coming up from behind me. "We destroyed you like a month ago. We've only gotten smarter. And you don't have our book anymore. Or powers."

"How do you know that?" He asked. He reached in his coat pocket and he brought out a ring. He slipped it onto his finger and smiled. "I memorised the journal," he said. "Do you think that I wouldn't have a backup plan?"

Mabel shrugged. "I don't know. You didn't seem to have one."

Gideon smiled. "Some secrets unfold later on." The ring started to glow. I felt myself go weightless. I looked down to see myself incased in some weird, glowing, orange thing. I couldn't move. I glanced at Mabel. She was trapped in the same way. Her eyes where wide.

"Oh my," Gideon said. "What happened to poor Dipper here?" I could here the sarcasm in his voice.

"Why would we tell you?" Mabel asked.

Gideon shrugged. "Maybe you'll change your mind when I use you."

Mabel and I exchanged worried glances. Used for what? I didn't like the sound of that.

Gideon walked over to Dipper. We tried to move to stop him, but we couldn't. Dipper blinked and his eyes opened all the way. He smiled. "Ah, Gideon," Bill said. "So you belive in second chances?"

Gideon looked stunned for a moment. Then he shook his head. "Demon!" He said. "Y-you look over the boy?"

"Partially," Bill said. "How's bought you let me go, and we can work together to get revenge."

"Revenge?" Gideon said. "What do you have against Stanford Pines?"

"More then you'd ever dream," he said. Now, how about we work together? We could defeat the Pine's family faster. There'd be no one brave enough to stop us!"

Gideon thought about it for some time. Then he released Bipper. "Deal. But if you fail me again, you'll pay dearly. Got it?"

Bipper smiled. He held out his hand and lit it with blue fire. "Its a deal, kid."

Gideon shook his hand and turned to us. "Now, what to do with you two?"

"Well," Bipper said. "We can't leave them."

"I know that," Gideon snapped. "I guess we'll just have to take them with us. We can't have them getting that journal and defeating us."

"Do you have a secret hide out we can use?" Bipper asked.

Gideon smiled. "There's is this one place."