There for Each Other

Peter was not having his day. Everything reminded him of Tony Stark. Pictures on the wall, articles on the news, everything.

Peter scrunched up his face as he felt the stabbing pain of loss in his chest. Everything felt bad today, it was just one of those. He fell when he stepped out of bed, he burned his hand with the toaster, he missed the bus, tripped when he walked into the school, was reminded of his dead father figure everywhere, was starting to get Thanos flashbacks and as if that wasn't bad enough he had a full school day today.

The bell buzzed and Peter winced. Too loud.

Laughter sounded everywhere as people made their way to the next class, Peter himself just coming from math. A particular set of laughs caught his attention as it was coming right towards him. Peter blinked back tears as he realised he would have to deal with Flash.

Couldn't everything just stop. Stop being so loud, stop being so bright, just stop reminding him of that. Stop reminding him of those days off in space and on that accursed battlefield.

"Penis Parker. What's up buddy?" A heavy arm fell around Peter's shoulders and he almost fell to the ground.

Peter's breath hitched in his throat. That was Flash's voice, so Where was Flash? His breathing started to pick up as he looked around. Where was everyone. He felt it, he felt those arms come around him. "Cat caught your tongue?" He heard his bullies voice say. It sounded far away, like he heard it from a loudspeaker underwater. Loud but hindered by the liquid.

'Warning, increased heartbeat.'

Peter grabbed his chest in fear when he saw a familiar purple giant walk towards him. He was right there, right in front of him.

Peter clenched his chest harder. He needed to fight. Thanos was back. He needed to warn everyone!

Where was everyone?

'Warning, increased breathing. Please stop before you start hyperventilating.'

His head slammed to the right and landed heavily on a rock. Thanos. Another Thanos was holding his head against that rock. The Thanos from in front of him laughed.

Peter panicked. He needed space. He needed to fight. He looked at the Thanos who held him down. "Did you lose the ability to talk, Parker." He mocked. The voice sounded distinctly familiar, but where again. Doesn't matter, he needed him off.

Peter made a surprise move. He grabbed the arm that held his head, dragged it in front of him and kicked the Thanos that was holding him as far away as he could.

The loud sounds surrounding him quieted, almost vanishing into eerie silence. Another Thanos appeared, and another, and another. Thanos was cloning himself. "Peter! Calm down buddy, you're not there." Ned's voice came through the static playing in his ears.

Peter looked around, scared and desperate. "Ned." He called. "Where are you." His voice faltered as he couldn't see his best friend. "I-I... he- he's back, Ned." His voice cracked. Peter grabbed his head and crouched down. He was shaking and he knew it. How could he ever hope to defeat Thanos when he knew how to clone himself. He was alone and his friend was somewhere there, in danger, and he couldn't do shit.

He felt hopeless. "Okay, Peter, Peter, listen to me dude. You're in school, you're in the hallway. He is not back." Peter shook his head and blocked out the other words.

Ned was wrong. Couldn't he see? He was right here. One Thanos approached. Slowly, his hands to the front.

Peter's eyes widened. He was gonna strangle him. Standing up he backed away, his back bumping into the rock when he could go no further. "Okay, calm down mr. Parker." Was that mr. Harrington? He was in danger too?