Interview at the tower

The Avengers were an enigma. The Avengers were mysterious (except Tony. He loves to shout everything from the top of the world) to the point that they only knew their name and even then the names of the smaller heroes were pretty rare to hear. Everyone wanted to know more about them. Obviously, since they had two super soldiers, two assassin spies, a scientist with a huge anger management issue and another with a huge ego, two gods and that was just a few of them.

The Avengers were also dangerous and powerful. One of them had so much money that he could buy an island and not even blink or notice it and dominated the economy, another had the trust of the entire American continent, a few could kill you in your sleep and no one would know, some were literal leaders of one of the most advanced alien races, some of the most ingenious people that could at the same time ruin a country with their research and yet again another was the protector of their reality. Yes, to say the least, the Avengers were powerful, influential, mysterious and an example for everyone. Kids wanted to be like them and adults would sometimes think, 'what would Hawkeye/Black Widow do?' As surprising as it may be, no one really knew much about these examples.

To resolve that, the government wanted to hold an interview somewhere this month to see the people in their own homes and ask questions. They would hold it live at a set time.

This interview was a small appointment in the eyes of the Avengers. It was also held in their current home (Avengers tower) so they didn't have to move a muscle for it. That's probably why most forgot. For the public, it wasn't such a forgettable event. They would see their heroes life for the first time in detail.

For Peter was it just a normal day. Go to school, ignore everyone (which was stupid of him as he would later realise) except Ned who blabbered on about a limited edition Lego set he got and go to the tower. He was an Avenger since a few months back and he would hang around the Avengers a lot. His aunt was busy with jobs (that he tried to help with his job at SI/AT) so he would do homework here.

He was just laying on the couch doing his homework when Clint came in. "Heya, pety. How're ya doin." He asked with a suspicious swagger.

Peter waved him off. "Just some chemistry homework. Am on the last question and then move on to history." Clint hummed like he was interested which he clearly wasn't. "Okay, what do you want?" He asked Clint.

Clint smiled guiltily and pulled something from behind his back. "I broke your webschooters. Can't let spidey be missing." He said as nonchalantly as possible.

Peter looked at his webschooters. They were his last model. He spent three frickin weeks on them! Three! He looked Clint dead in the eye. "You're dead birdbrain." He said before swiping Clint's legs from underneath him which he jumped over and ran away. "I spent ages on these things." He screamed after his back. "It even had a taser function so Spider-Man could zap his enemies, and a web granade, and a choice between permanent and non permanent." He said wistfully with an airy quality to his voice.

He ran after Clint and dragged him into the couch where he was doing his homework. The pink rope that he also collected on his chase went around the reason his hard work went to waste. Clint al the while begged for mercy before he heard Peter speak to FRYDAY.

Natasha that came in during the chase watched amused for a while before grabbing her drink and walking away. Peter greeted her and he got a greeting and a smile she would only give a few people in return.

"Hey fri." He began sweetly and continued in the same tone. "Could you open the vents?" FRIDAY didn't respond and just did as asked. He threw Clint into them and FRIDAY closed them again. "Can you lock the vents now. And activate the cooling system for the next half an hour?"

'But of course Peter.' Came the voice this time. "No, Peter, Pete, best child in the world, please don't do this again!" Came the muffled voice of Clint. "It's cold."

Peter sat down. "Don't mess with my tech." He thought a while before also screaming. "And this is also for the mint joke." He looked at his webshooters before shoving them to the side. He continued with his history homework.

He was interrupted again by a strange voice. "Excuse me young man, but can you explain what just happened?" Came the nervous strange voice. Peter snapped around.

"Who are you and how did you get here?" He asked. "I'll call the police if you don't answer." The voice was a woman with a microphone and a camera man behind her. Peter felt like he was forgetting something.

"We're the camera crew that would interview the Avengers." She said a little nervous. Peter blanched.

"Wait, that was today?" He asked. She nodded and relaxed while going back to being a professional. At that moment Mr. Stark came in.

"Hey Pete. I forgot to tell you someone was coming for an interview today." He said. He walked in not looking up from his phone. He looked up. "Oh, I see you already know." He said nonchalantly. "Well, hello Mike and Molly-" This got interrupted by 'Hellen and Adrien actually' "-yeah, yeah, whatever. Welcome to the home of the Avengers. Worlds greatest heroes and influential people, you know the drill."

Peter looked at Tony with a look that said 'why didn't you tell me this sooner?' Tony walked towards him. "And this is Peter."

Peter waved shyly. "Are you father and son." The reporter asked.

"Yes."

"No."

The reporter looked confused. "Ye..." Tony was cut of by Peters hand.

"No we're not, I'm his personal intern. Though we get many jokes from the others about it." Peter smiled sweetly while he wanted to die on the inside. "Oh, and if you're watching. Hi Ned, MJ and aunt May." Tony picked peters hand from the front of his mouth.

"Really cute kid. Now, why don't I take you for a little tour." The reporter and cameraman followed like docile little puppy's. Peter just left to his room and didn't come out anymore.

The next day he rewatched the interview.

"We are now in the home of the Avengers." Began The reporter quietly. "We're being quiet in the hopes to surprise them and catch some natural behaviour." She said. The cameraman filmed around the corner that showed him doing homework.

"Who's that?" Asked the reporter to her colleague. She didn't get an answer, apparently the cameraman was just as clueless. They wanted to move but just then Clint came in. "Oh my god. That's Hawkeye." Came the reporters exited whispered voice. The entire event played out with a baffled reporter and cameraman watching with the odd random comment. When he threw 'Hawkeye' in the vents she gasped and did it again when he ordered the air-co to turn on.

When he sat down again and it appeared like he wouldn't do anything they said they would come. That followed with the awkward situation and a few looks towards the camera from the reporter he missed. Especially when Tony pulled that stunt of saying yes to the son question. After that Tony let them around. They interviewed the Avengers and even pulled the shivering Clint in a conversation. At the end she said.

"We don't know for sure viewers. But maybe Tony Stark really has a son, does the mighty Thor have something for pink dresses, is the Black Widow just as awesome as we thought and is Hawkeye an actual prankster instead of a spy. A lot has been made clearer but we know there is much more to see. We hope we get another chance like this." With that it ended.

The next day he got weird looks and fingers pointed. But at least he didn't have his identity revealed.