Tony Stark has a kid?!

It all started with a press conference. It was a conference to introduce the new StarkPhone and publish the new date to the Stark expo. The reporters were bloodhounds like usual and Tony handled them nonchalantly like a person who has dealt with them his entire life.

He loved the attention. He deserved it in his eyes. Who was greater then him. He couldn't live without it, but the press was just annoying. They always questioned what he did on known missions (mostly because someone saw the Quinjet take off) or his personal life. He loved attention, but was it really necessary to know who dated who within the Avengers?

These reasons made him glad that he had a distraction. It took a while to know the kids identity, and after that a while to know his intelligence, and after he actually hired him (instead of it only being a cover) it took a while to really get to know him. But when Tony did, he would be the first to admit, even with his egoistical pride, that the kid was awesome, smart and most importantly his kid. He found him first, the other Avengers could find their own.

The welcome distraction came in a plain manner. Not any fancy explosions or crying people or even aliens. No, it was just a phone call. Tony being Tony answered the call. He shushed the media who had been asking question after question for the past two and a half hours.

"Hey kid." He said. This really got the media quiet. What better gossip then a secret love child of the Tony Stark?

"Hey, mr. Stark. So I was wondering if I could take my friend, Ned, to the next training session. We haven't arranged anything in a while and he said he wouldn't mind just watching." Peter asked through the phone. Only Tony was able to hear him.

Tony shrugged. "Sure kid. Take him with you. I'm sure the team won't mind." Needless to say, the entire press was filming it.

"Thanks, mr. Stark. I hope I'm not bothering you in something important?" He asked. Tony waved him off despite Peter not being able to see him.

"Nah, I wasn't doing anything important. Was just about to wrap up anyways." Peter sighed in relief and said a 'ok. That's good.' Tony smiled at the kid. "See you after school kid?" He asked in a statement. He wouldn't expect anything else from Peter.

"Yes, see you then mr. Stark." And with that he hung up. Tony smiled and put his phone away.

"Okay. Let's wrap this up people." He said. He flipped off all the questions about who the person on the other side of the line was and finished as quick as possible.

That started the hunt for the mystery kid. The suspected son of Tony Stark.

The second time people heard from this kid was at the Stark expo that was announced on that press conference. He was glued to his phone while he should be announcing the winner.

"Excuse me mr. Stark. Can you announce the winner." Tony grunted but didn't reply otherwise. "Please mr. Stark. It's important that we do this, otherwise we'll be behind on schedule." The man begged.

Tony's head shot up. "Can you keep quiet. The kids having a competition and it's the last part. Not that I'm doubting he's gonna win." He said. The few reporters that came to record this day became interested again. There you had the kid again, they hadn't heard anything new until now.

The man who asked Tony's attention stood by awkwardly. After five minutes Tony jumped up to his feet, surprising everyone in the audience. "Knew it. My kids the best, he won." He said flippantly like he never doubted it. Peter was doing an important declaton match so they could go to the nationals. "What do you think. As celebration taking him out to Hawaii." The man sweat dropped. "Nah, you're right. I'll call the guardians to take him to that one planet." He said.

"Okay people. The winner of this contest is, Terry Mathews." He said before walking off the stage. "Thanks for coming, hope you enjoyed, yada, yada, yada." Was heard before he walked out of earshot.

The third time was during a live interview for some show. Pepper forced him to go to better his reputation and explain their projects. His phone rang again and he took up as soon as he saw the caller ID.

"Hey kid. Why're you calling?" He asked. The interviewer, just as curious as the rest of the media, fell silent as soon as he heard the word kid.

"Hey mr. Stark. Sorry for bothering you. But I'm at your lab and I can't find you. If you're in a meeting I'll come back later." Tony waved him off. 

"I'm at an interview." Peter began to stutter on the other side of the line.

"Oh my god.  Can you please set me on speaker for a moment. I'm such an idiot for calling without asking anyone for your location." Tony didn't mind but did as asked. "I'm so sorry mr. Or mrs. Interviewer I didn't know I shouldn't have called. Please don't be mad at mr. Stark. He didn't do anything wrong. It was all me." He began his ramble, not only hearable to Tony anymore, before being cut short by the man himself.

"Don't worry kid. Not a problem." Pete sighed in relief.

"I'm still sorry for the interruption. I hope I didn't mess anything up. Bye, mr. Stark." Tony sighed at that.

"Kid, what did I tell you, it's Tony." He sighed before getting the expected reply.

"Sure thing mr. Stark." And then the phone beeped. Tony sighed a long, suffering sigh which was ruined by a fond smile. He looked at the interviewer. "Kids, am I right?" He asked sarcastically.

The interviewer coughed. "If you don't mind mr. Stark. Can you tell us who that was. We have all been curious about it since that press conference you held. Some say he's your secret love child or something." Tony snorted at that.

"That's my kid. The other Avengers may say different and that he is our kid, as in the entire team, but I found him first. So he's my kid." He said. The interviewer stared at him so he continued. "Yes, he's my kid. If he didn't reject it he could've also been an Avenger. But right now he is just the only person alive that rejected the offer to becoming an Avenger." He said with a proud but frustrated look. "He's cool, good kid." He wiped a fake tear away like the drama queen he is.

The interviewer opened his mouth but Tony spoke before him. "And no, you can't know his name or his superhero identity. Kids sour enough that other people will treat him lightly because of his age. Now, we were talking about the new med. bot. Right?" The interviewer just nodded and left the subject.

This gave the media more answers but even more questions. Who was the hero, which kid would reject an offer to become an Avenger? They might never know.

Bonus:

Ned sat with Peter watching the recast Of the interview. He looked at Peter incredulously. "You rejected to become an Avenger." He asked.

Peter rubbed the back of his neck. "I wanted to stay the little neighbourhood vigilante for a while longer." Ned looked at him betrayed.

"I am shooketh man. That you didn't tell me, I am hurt. I am very much hurt." Peter smiled sheepishly but they left it at that. Well that and a whole lot of questions from Ned.