Chapter 4

READ AUTHORS NOTE

Presley's POV 

The internal struggle I felt was no match for the other hardships I had faced. My natural instinct was to go to my mate, to claim them, to make them mine; on the other hand, my brain thought otherwise. To stay back, to run away before he smelled me, or even caught a glimpse.

It quickly became less and less possible that I would get away without the wolves noticing me, my mate began looking around the pasture, noticing that something was awry. The little brown haired pup noticed too, he was a little larger than the other pups, making me assume he was an Alpha pup.

It almost made Ezekial see red. That's not our pup, why is there a pup at our mates feet?

Don't jump to conclusions, you buffoon. I muttered to my wolf. That was one thing I hated about my wolf, sometimes he didn't think logically.

That pup has his scent all over our mate. He growled, mocking the pup who bared his teeth in our direction.

Ezekiel, if you do not stop with this behavior I'm shifting back and you'll have to deal with the repercussions of this incident later on. It was ridiculous, to think that our mate would have waited for us for all these years of the two of us being mateless. I hated that I, too, jumped to the conclusion that our mate had a pup, for all we knew he could also bare the mark of the pup's father.

I swallowed my pride and forcing myself to turn away from them, scared that Ezekiel might actually try something stupid. Each step I took in the opposite direction of my mate hurt, my feet dragged, my heart felt almost cemented down to the ground. It almost felt like I had inadvertently rejected my mate. Only I had gotten a good look at the omega, maybe he didn't notice that I was there...

The sound of leaves cracking made me stop in my tracks- the lemon scent I had been trying to get away from was now flowing through my nostrils. I let out a whine, ducking my head, tucking my ears back.

"Um, hello." The melodic sound of my mate's voice echoed, his voice was soft and sweet, his Italian accent was thick and very apparent. I turned toward him, and words could not describe the beauty in front of me.

He was wrapped in a large robe, or was it a sheet, I couldn't tell, but the stark white color made him look angelic. As if he had come from heaven. He had high, strong cheekbones, his hair was white as winter snow, and his nose was small and pixi like. His pouty, cupid bow lips were a light blush color, his eyebrows were neatly groomed and a darker shade than his natural hair color.

My body heated at the mere sight of him, of the one word he spoke to me, he was absolute perfection. He was unlike any other omega I ever had seen, or anyone really. "Mate?" He tilted his head to the side, trying to show me his submission to me. His neck was free from any marks, meaning he hadn't mated with anyone else. I was going crazy, with all my willpower it took everything in me not to just shift and take him right here.

I then became hyper aware of the pups that surrounded my mates feet. I couldn't link to him, couldn't talk to him. But I could tell by his select words he didn't know much English, so communication would have been limited anyways.

He fell to his knees in front of me, reaching his soft delicate hands out to me, cupping my face. The fur beneath his hands tingled with his touch. Letting out a sigh, I rested my head in his hands.

I had quickly fallen under the spell of my mate's presence, the world melting away from us. He gave me a soft smile, making my heart beat faster.

How could such a fragile creature like him be my mate? I didn't even know his name, but he was perfect.