Chapter 29

Charlie

I tore the sheets off of our bed. I felt betrayed, pissed off, and upset. I don't know why Mateo even felt like it would be okay to get into a mated omega's bed. Let alone the alpha's bed.

This time I didn't know what was going to happen. The last time Presley was so upset, I was too. This time– This time, I looked guilty... I was just so exhausted after this morning that I wasn't in any position to deny the help to bed.

I expected him to leave after he had gotten me into the bed and tucked me under the covers. I also didn't like that he had started to bad mouth Presley. Presley hadn't done anything wrong this time. We had an open line of communication at all times. Presley gave me all the attention that he could give me and then some. I wasn't starved for my mate like last time. I was perfectly happy.

I threw our sheets into the washer, pouring vinegar over them to hopefully kill Mateo's scent. I put laundry soap inside and started the machine.

I lit a candle and sat down on the couch. Waiting for Presley to come back home.

About an hour after Presley had left, the door to our apartment opened. His face was neutral, and he didn't say anything to me. He just went straight to the bathroom.

I took a deep breath and bit down on my bottom lip, trying to keep myself from crying. He had to know that I didn't know that Mateo would do that. If I had, I would have kicked him out as soon as possible.

All of the emotions I was feeling only exhausted me. I curled up on the couch and closed my eyes, suddenly exhausted from the confrontation, or lack thereof.

— — —

"C'mon, angel. It's time for bed." Presley shook me awake.

"I don't want you mad at me," I slurred, looking up at him with half-lidded eyes.

"We can talk in the morning when you're rested."

"The sheets are in the washer," I sat up, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Don't worry. I put them on the bed already." Presley reached his hand down and cupped my cheek in his hand. "I'm sorry it took me so long to cool down." My mate apologized.

"It's okay. I would be just as frustrated, and I was just as frustrated. Let me correct myself. When I could smell another's scent that wasn't meant to be inside our home." Presley closed his eyes, nodding in agreeance. "I promise you, Pea, I didn't ask him to stay. I was feeling a bit nauseous after my morning run this morning, and he helped me to bed. But I swear to the goddess above that I did not ask him to stay."

"I believe you," Presley softly smiled. "Do you think we need to see Miles? We can go together in the morning."

"Only if I feel the same tomorrow morning." I nodded in agreement.

"Good." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Did you eat dinner?" I asked.

"Hadn't thought about dinner, to be quite frank with you. Are you hungry?"

"I honestly could eat a little something. The only meal I've had today was breakfast." I got up off the couch, stretching my arms and legs before going to the kitchen.

"Hey baby, why don't you let me make us something to eat?" Presley hugged his hands around my waist, placing his head on my shoulder.

"I have the inkling you don't know how to cook food at all because of you not having any food inside your apartment when I arrived." I placed my hands on his.