Chapter 8

"Italicised" means talking in English which the beings on Jayco can't understand.

_____

After trying many attempts to remove me from Deimos, Saros gave up on trying to pick me up. I never once thought that Deimos would remotely touch me seeing how he looked at me with glares and spewed insults about my looks since we first met. But now he's been holding me tightly to his chest not even letting our owner take me.

It's kind of scary because I don't know how I feel about him holding me while I'm vulnerable.

Soon though the red-skinned man came back with a small female elder in his arms. "They said she was a healer," he said sitting her on the bed, "This is the boy I mentioned that's injured."

She nodded before coming to me, wary of the other two pets. "Aerglo remove your wing please she's going to give him a full checkup," Saros said.

Aerglo was hesitant and carefully looked over the elder before complying.

"Hello," she spoke to me in our native tongue, "I'm Elder Mia."

Her voice was sweet and kind. She had blue eyes and brown greying hair tied into big braids. Her body was covered in brown cloth with many beads wrapped throughout and a small bag tied to her waist. "Hello, I'm Ceilo," I said bowing my head.

We got weird looks from the Sephrimes and the other pets but I didn't mind it. It was nice to talk in my home tongue. "I'm here to look over you, could you sit up young one?"

Nodding I pried Deimos's hands off me after a few tries before slowly moving towards her. Wincing I replied, "It hurts to move."

Quickly she came towards me. "Then don't move hun," She said as she sat me back down.

"They told me that you're throat was attacked as well, correct?" I nodded, "We'll start there first then."

As her little frail hand reached up and cupped my chin I started to feel more comfortable in her presence, "Open your mouth."

Opening my mouth she shined a light into it, "Everything looks fine in there, just slightly red. With obvious bruising on your neck also. You can breathe fine yes?" I nodded, "Good good. Let me check your eyes, make sure you didn't develop any concussion."

This continued for a while, her checking random things. Then she looked to Saros, "Could you help him undress for me?"

Saros slowly undressed me and laid me down and did as she instructed him how to place my body.

After those painful moments, she poked around my ribs and checked for other abnormalities, "You're very healthy and toned, but you need to gain a little more weight also," I nodded, "Now lay on your back, I'll do this as quickly as possible."

Then it got a little uncomfortable when I laid down and she gently prodded around my opening, "He definitely tore your lining. It'll be a couple of weeks for it to heal enough that you can walk but even then I would rest for longer."

Nodding, "Thank you, elder."

She smiled, "You're welcome young one, I don't get to meet many of the young ones often anymore. Let alone one that is albino."

"Is it a bad thing?" she looked at me confused so I clarified, "Being albino, is that a bad thing?"

"No not at all it's just a rare gene in our DNA," she said packing up her little bag of tools.

"He will be okay," she said to the Sephrime who looked relieved, "He needs lots of rest, we don't heal fast but resting will help speed up the process. Don't let him walk until most of the bruising has yellowed. Other than that he is very healthy."