Chapter 18

When Saros and Zenith left, I expected to be attacked immediately. Well I was, just not in the way I imagined I would be.

Perma jumped onto me almost as soon as the doors closed, not giving me any time to adjust to our new predicament. But instead of getting clawed in the face, he was trying to scent me. Rubbing his cheeks along my own, which caused my black eye to hurt, and started to go for my neck.

Knowing exactly what he was doing, I pushed him off and moved to a new corner. "Why'd you do that for! The quicker we mate, the quicker we get out of here!" He said as he tried to come at me again, which only lead to me pushing him off.

"I'm not mating with someone who humiliated me and took away something precious of mine," I stated as I placed some pillows into a nest shape, "Which means we will not be mating any time soon."

"So this is how it's gonna be. Just so you know, we won't be able to leave until that happens! But no we're gonna be stuck here all because of you!"

"I'd rather be stuck in here forever than have to mate with you!" I retaliated.

His grey skin turned a deep blue as he hissed lowly and he walked towards the opposite corner. He could be angry all he wanted, it didn't change the fact we'd still be stuck in here.

Though I'd already had my small bit of revenge on him, this made it seem like the true thing. For us to leave this room we had to mate, but without me agreeing we couldn't leave the room. The best part is that I could hold out for as long as I wanted, but what made it more fun for me was wanting to see how long it took until he snapped. All I truly wanted was for him to be nice to me or give me an apology, but that was pushing it.

After about a week of not talking to each other, I could tell he was starting to get frustrated.

Right now I was lounging in a half-dazed state, listening to his mumbled frustrations of how "this wasn't fair to him" or "he won't last much longer". Little did he know I was more used to this silence than he was. Of course, this is the first time being isolated with someone else but I was curious to see how long it would be until he cracked.

It didn't take long until he did though, only half a week later he caved. He also became a lot more aggressive than I thought. "You know we could've already left by now if you just gave up already!"

I just rolled my eyes at him and turned away. Really! And I wonder if he knew how much I cared. Sighing, I didn't reply, which seemed to anger him more. "Seriously do you not care, what if the others are mating with Xeno! How would you feel then!"

"I'd feel fine because I like Xeno and would gladly let him be one of our bonded. The others also wanted him to be part of our bond, so I see no problem with it."

I couldn't see his reaction but that seemed to shut him up for a while. It seemed neither Saros nor Zenith told Perma about what was happening in the playroom. He would throw a fit if he knew Xeno was keeping Aerglo company right now. I drifted off to sleep not long after.

The next time I woke up I almost jumped. Perma had fallen asleep next to me curled into my arms, his head tucked on my bicep way too close to my neck. So close I was a little frightened.

Gently I moved my arm out from under him and crawled a decent amount away. I was by no means ready to trust him being near me while I slept. I'd already learned that lesson. Silently I made myself a new pillow nest in an opposite corner for the time being.

The Lyde had finally come with our meals, and by the time they left Perma had finally woken up as I ate my food in the new corner. This time I could see his reaction and I don't know why but he looked a little hurt.

He walked to the middle of the room to grab his food, I watched as he made his way to sit right in front of me. Maintaining a little distance. Keeping an eye on him out of the corner of my eye as I ate my fruit, I asked him a question. "Why were you next to me when I woke up?"

"I was cold."

"Ask for a blanket then," don't come cuddling up to me.

"It's not the same as body heat though, Xeno always sleeps next to me at night, and it's cold in here."

"That's not my problem and I'm not Xeno."

His cheeks flushed a light blue, as he fiddled with his claws. "I know."

"Then why?" I was genuinely curious about his answer.

"I thought about what you said... about being okay with Xeno joining your bond," he messed with his food, "I don't want him to leave me, I don't want to be left out while you guys all get close together!"

I almost wanted to smile at his effort, though I could pick up the hidden "I'm sorry I was a brat" in his little message.

I knew how hard it was for his kind to express themselves openly. It was instinctual for them to not show their true feelings because it was considered weak, especially around other cats'. I've seen so many different fights between them over just kissing their mates or being in pain. I felt that the reason they were always so aggressive was because of these habits.

"Is that why you acted that way? Because you thought Xeno would leave you?"

He didn't respond for a while, and I gave him time to. His pale white eyes looked everywhere but at me before he finally responded, "Yes okay! I was scared because you both are the same and he would want to be with you more than me, and he'll stop liking me, and-"

"That makes no sense considering how much he talks about you."

That shut him up for a minute, just by looking at him I could tell he was happy about that statement with how fast his tail was wagging. Which was adorable. We didn't talk for the rest of the day and he left me alone.

a/n: Happy Easter everyone!!🐣🐇