Chapter 14

Sitting on the floor as I waited to see my new "brothers" was starting to stress me out, but not nearly as bad as Deimos was.

Looking at him now, I kind of felt bad for him. His eyes were slitted and his breath was coming out in short puffs as he looked towards the door of the playroom. Aerglo wasn't much better but he's relaxed a bit since I've been petting his wings. Before he was jumping around and chirping distressed noises that sounded almost painful.

Saros had said that there had been a little complication with one of our new brothers acting out at the last minute. Due to that, we had to wait until he calmed down apparently.

I hated waiting. It took too long and made my stomach feel uneasy. Today felt like something bad was going to happen, almost like a gut feeling. 

A click was heard, which made me snap my head towards the door. Saros soon came in with a wary-fanged smile and looked as uneasy as the rest of us. "Zenith will be bringing them in a moment. Before he does I just want to say he's had them for a long time now and we're both hoping you all can get along together."

As soon as he finished talking Zenith's large body came through the doorway carrying two other pets. It wasn't until he sat them down that I realized one was a human.

He was about as tall as Deimos with deeply tanned skin that brought out his blue, almost green, and brown mismatched eyes. Black short hair fell to one side just above his ear, as the other side was shaved. He was nowhere as skinny as me but instead heavily muscled. Which showed another large difference between us. Unforchanetly I couldn't see if he was bigger elsewhere with the black loincloth he was wearing.

A hiss was heard through the room. I turned my head to beside the new human companion and immediately became on guard. Eyes locked with their own hate-filled glare.

Of course, Zenith would be a cat person.

He was primarily grey-skinned with white fur on his ears and tail. Icy-blue eyes with no pupil, which was common in most of the cats' species, were surrounded by white eyelashes. He basically looked like an average cat, besides the fact that he was a lot shorter than average. If anything he seemed shorter than me by a couple of inches.

"This is Xeno," Saros gestured to the human, "And this is Perma, they will be your new brothers from now on."

Aerglo chirped lightly before walking over to them, acting just like he did when I first came home. I stayed back, I wanted nothing to do with that cat but I won't lie, I was curious about Xeno. He was the first male human I've met that was around my age. "Ceilo, Deimos, come here loves."

I looked at Saros with an uneasy glare. I wanted nothing to do with Perma and I certainly won't be calling him my "brother" anytime soon, with the way he was glaring at me I think the same could be said for him.

Aerglo looked happy to be meeting new potential friends, immediately striking up a conversation with Xeno who was smiling a crooked smile while being just as friendly. Sucking up my courage, I took a breath and calmly walked over to Xeno while Aerglo skipped over to Perma. "Hello I'm Ceilo," I bowed my head.

"I'm Xeno," he bowed back, "I've never met a human with red eyes before."

"And I've never met one with mismatched eyes either," I stated, "Where were you raised?"

"With the humans who landed in the south, Zenith found me when I almost fell into one of the acid pools."

I never would've pegged Zenith to do that, if anything I thought Xeno was bought from a breeder just like I was. This also meant that there were still tribes thriving without being captured by the Sephrimes. If he was raised with a human tribe then he must know more about our history than I did. "Can you speak the native tongue?"

He smirked, "Of course, but I don't think it's fair to the others," he said glancing at the other pets, "Though it is nice to speak like this, it's been too long."

I knew my eyes were showing how excited I was, being that this is the first human male my age that I've met and to top it off he was raised by a human tribe and knew our tongue. I was beyond ecstatic.

"Please tell me some of your tribe's stories," I was so happy and wanted to desperately learn more from him.

But before he could say anything, hard arms pulled me into an equally hard chest. A small growl was heard in my ear followed by a soft bite on my neck. "Soft being, come lay with me."

Deimos's head perched on top of mine and from the protective way he was holding me I knew he was either jealous or wary of the newcomers. Even though they both matched in height and muscle, Xeno still smiled warily back at me before walking to Perma.

Defeated, I walked to the middle bed with Deimos practically attached to my hip, deciding to humor him this one time. It wasn't long until Aerglo joined us placing kisses on both of our lips.

Though it was an eventful day, at least all my questions were answered. Even if I wasn't too happy about one of the said answers. Snuggling into a soft feathered chest with cold scales pressed firmly to my back, I fell asleep blissfully aware I had an enemy in the room.