Chapter 10: Search for the Dragon Slayer

Camped not far from a village near Lyon, the information gathered by Marie within the village was not the best.

Although Lyon had fallen, the rumour that a man had risen as protector of the town was true. At the time of the attack, he had fought valiantly against the army of the Dragon Witch, but he was overwhelmed by Jeanne Alter's Servants. However, unbeknownst to the Dragon Witch, Martha had hidden the Dragon Slayer.

[Recruiting Dragon Slayer is the priority right now,] Olga commanded.

In the folklore, some humans managed to kill a dragon. Although motivated by different reasons, at the time of their death and ascension to the Throne of Heroes, their Noble Phantasms had acquired anti-dragon abilities.

"We should act separately," EMIYA suggested.

Olga also agreed with this. The time was not a luxury they had and so they had to try to optimize every single moment.

By splitting into two groups, they could search for the Dragon Slayers and convince them to lend their strength to the cause. One would head to Lyon to look for Siegfried while the other group would look for the second Dragon Slayer and allies.

[Fujimaru, you will go to Paris.]

Ritsuka merely nodded. He certainly did not wish to incur the wrath of the Director Animusphere again.

[Emiya, you are going to Lyon,] Olga turned her attention to Yuto and glanced at him. [Don't make any rash decisions this time, did you understand?]

"Tch." Yuto made a face.

[Is there any problem, Emiya?] Olga frowned.

It's okay that humanity's survival depended on him and Ritsuka, but Yuto couldn't tell if Olga's concern was that she saw them as tools or as people.

"None," Yuto reluctantly conceded.

Anyway, in the end, he would do it on his own, choosing the best course of action based on the situation. He would have done it even at the expense of pissing off Olga.

"However, I would like Arthur to go with Ritsuka's group," Yuto explained that Ritsuka had all contracted cavalry servants and an extra class (Mashu). "Although I doubt this applies to someone like Cú, Caster Class servants are not specialized in close combat and Mashu is a novice servant. Honestly, I'd be more relieved if, in addition to the King of Conquerors, the King of Knights is with Ritsuka."

Honestly, their teams were off balance. On the one hand, there was Yuto who had signed contracts with King Arthur, Mordred, EMIYA and Jeanne D'Arc and on the other, there was Ritsuka whose only servant who could fight on equal terms with a knight class is Iskandar.

In addition to a simple matter of strength, Yuto thought that Arthur could give Mashu some advice to better understand the hero with whom she had merged.

"In that case, I will go with Master Emiya," Cú proposed. "In this way, we can communicate with our respective masters and exchange information at a distance."

"And in case things get worse on either side, our masters will use a command seal to call us back," Arthur said.

After a brief moment of reflection, Olga recognized that Yuto had proposed a good idea that. Once again, Olga admitted inwardly that she was lucky that a member of one of the three families who created the Holy Grail War was part of Chaldea.

[You will depart tomorrow at dawn. For now, think about resting and recovering magical energy.] Olga closed the connection and Yuto could let go of a tired sigh.