Garden of Sinners (Part 1)

Fate almost always played ironically and unpredictably as in the first singularity where the Holy Grail had summoned Jeanne and Claire to defeat Jeanne Alter and Rider Yuto.

"Exactly, what should we do?" Olga asked Yuto.

In the first singularity she had remained in Chaldea to lead the team, but this time she had decided to go on a mission too.

"Why are you asking me? You're the boss," Yuto retorted.

[You are the one who has already participated in a regular holy grail war, aren't you?] Da Vinci replied.

Yuto sighed and looked around to better understand the situation.

Fuyuki. The year 2004.

The historical period in which SHEBA had signalled the singularity was the same as Singularity F but Yuto had compared it to a point where the Holy Grail had thrown up six billion curses on the world.

However, it seemed that they had arrived a little before those events. Perhaps the Fifth Holy Grail War had not yet begun or had just begun.

"It's quite simple," Yuto said. "We must prevent three servants to be defeated."

Yuto carefully explained the operation of the Holy Grail. The Lesser Grail gathered the souls of the servants who were defeated before they could return to the Throne of Heroes and then it sent them to the Greater Grail. The souls of five servants were, however, necessary for the Grail to manifest itself.

"In the Third Holy Grail War, the Einzbern got the summoning wrong," Mordred spoke. "Instead of summoning a standard class, they summoned Avenger."

[An Extra Class?] Da Vinci said surprised.

Mordred merely nodded before continuing. "They summoned Angra Manyu, the god of Zoroastrianism who embodies all the evils of the world. He was defeated immediately, but there was a problem. Instead of becoming the fuel of the Holy Grail, he fused with it by altering its function of fulfilling desires."

"Obviously, the function to summon Servants remained intact and we are still its fuel," EMIYA continued. "When five servants are defeated and the Grail is manifested, the result will be the Singularity F."

Ritsuka and Mashu turned pale as they remembered Saber Alter. Their first opponent had almost killed them all.

"What does this mean?"

They turned to see the incredulous look of a black-haired girl tied in two ponytails. She was wearing a red jacket over the Homurahara Academy uniform.

"You are," Yuto muttered before turning away in shame.

Then, in front of everyone, he ran away.

"Emiya, where the hell you are..." Olga turned when she felt Mordred's hand resting on her shoulders and shaking her head.

Mordred and EMIYA knew the importance that the person in front of them had had in the life of their master. In a hypothetical future, she was the woman who was like her mother for Yuto.

"I'll take care of him. We'll see you when he calms down," Mordred said before going into spiritual form.

"Will he be okay?" Mashu looked worried in the direction Yuto had escaped.

"She's with him after all," Rider Yuto said as he looked softly at Rin. "It's so long since we haven't seen each other, Tohsaka."

Unlike Yuto, he had made amends for being an asshole. When they met again, he had shown "his" Rin that he had made it through.

"Do we know each other?" Rin blinked confused.

Yuto slammed his hand on his forehead. He forgot that he was not born in 2004 and so Rin had no idea who he was.