Chapter 4: Flame Contaminated City: Fuyuki (Part 3)

The Holy Grail War was a long-time ritual created by three powerful magus' families :

- Tohsaka who put their territory at disposal.

- Makiri who proposed the system of masters and servants.

- Einzbern who developed Heaven's Feel system.

The purpose of the ritual was the realization of a desire, regardless of the virtuosity of desire.

The Ritual was a battle royal where seven Masters collided seven Servants, each of whom was summoned by the Hero Throne in one of the seven Standard Classes:

- Saber, the Heroic Spirit of the Sword.

- Archer, the Heroic Spirit of the Bow.

- Lancer, the Heroic Spirit of the Spear.

- Rider, the Heroic Spirit of the the Mount.

- Assassin, the Heroic Spirit of the Assassination.

- Caster, the Heroic Spirit of Spells and Sorcery.

- Berserker, the Heroic Spirit of Berserker Rage.

Because a servant could enter into a contract with another Master, killing the other Masters or forcing them to withdraw from the game were the most popular solutions to win the war.

The final prize was the Holy Grail, and it would appear in front of the last remaining master-servant duo in the race. At that point, the master would use a command spell to order the servant to kill himself and ask the Holy Grail to open a path to the Root.

That was the principle behind the Holy Grail War.

The group of Chaldea and Cu Chullain decided that it was better to change place if they did not want to be targeted by the remaining servants. In particular, Cu wanted to avoid running into Berserker. This refuge was Yuto's old school which was now uninhabited and ruined.

Then, Caster began to tell the last events of that Holy Grail war. At some point, masters had disappeared and only servants were left. The black mud had begun to flow out of the bowels of the earth and burn everything.

Saber was the first to rise up and had immediately unleashed against the other servants. In a short time, she had alone defeated Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin and Berserker. All of them became her subordinates.

"Do you know where Saber is?" Olga asked the Irish servant.

Cu nodded. "She is on the mountain, in a cave hidden in the clearing," she pointed to the mountains where a dark purple light could be seen, "she is protecting the Holy Grail at this time."

And that's why Caster decided to collaborate with Chaldea. He wanted to defeat Saber and end the war once and for all, but he didn't have much hope of making it alone because he would be alone against six Heroic Spirits.

Since Chaldea wanted to recover the Holy Grail, their targets were aligned.

"Okay. I trust you," Olga said, "but I want to know one thing. You know Saber's identity, right?"

Caster nodded. "Artoria Pendragon," he replied quickly, "the protagonist of the Arthurian Legend; King Arthur herself and a different version from this King Arthur; a girl who sacrificed herself for Britain to impersonate the ideal King"

Saber noted that the face of his master was obscured soon after Caster revealed Saber's true identity.

Cu also noticed this reaction and observed him carefully. From the beginning he had observed the impressive resemblance between Yuto and his servant, but a more important detail could not escape to a Caster like him.