Chapter 20: S.P.Q.R. (Part 3)

Septem Singularity most depended on Nero because her death would allow the United Roman Empire to carry out its expansionist campaign, preventing the fall of the Roman Empire and, indeed, would allow it to conquer the whole world.

That is why there were currently two Emperors in Rome. One was Emperor Nero who was responsible for the internal management of the Empire while Lucius Tiberius was responsible for the military aspect. He had subdued the servants to the power of Rome, appointing them centurions and giving them a legionary contingent to defend the borders of the Empire.

This not only guaranteed Nero's safety but also slowed the United Roman Empire's advance.

And to make sure nothing stood in their way, Alter killed all the senators and convinced Nero to abolish the Senate, initiating a kind of absolutism.

In times of crisis like that, the Senate was just an obstacle. A reconquest of Gaul would have been impossible if it had been challenged by the senate, which had probably been corrupted by the United Roman Empire.

Now Yuto, Illya, Nero, the servants of the Chaldea and the Dragon Slayer were travelling with Alter and Lucius Tiberius to Gaul where they would reunite the rest of the legion there.

"Are they all right?" Nero asked, noting the dragon Slayer's green face and the cold sweat on their faces.

"They'll be fine," Happy tweeted casually.

Dragon Slayers had a particular flaw. The stronger they became, the more aggressive the motion sickness became. This was caused by the large gap between a human's semicircular canals and the visual acuity of a Dragon.

"But why did you take away their protections?" Happy turned to Claire.

Claire had a look on her face that made Happy shiver. His fur became white as his spirit wanted to go to cat heaven, full of fish and wool balls.

"Why is the blue cat purple? Is he sick?" Nero asked.

"Rather, I would say he saw the ghost of Erza," the black cat Lily said, noticing a certain resemblance between Erza Scarlet and Claire. "It seems they both instil the same fear and inflict painful punishments."

When Claire had the confirmation that Yuto had an illegitimate daughter from Irene, she had punished him by stripping his armour and pushing him into a wagon and now she had punished them for causing a commotion in Rome.

"Pathetic," Lucius Tiberius mocked. "A Rider Class Servant that suffers from motion sickness is the apex of the ridiculous, worthy of a comedy."

"Watch out because I transformed it into a tragedy!" Rider Yuto shouted, only getting up to fall immediately after. "Have mercy... please."

However, it was really funny that a Rider suffered from motion sickness, this was undeniable.

[I have a curiosity.] Da Vinci said. [You said they weren't the only ones brought back to life, but on what basis did you choose those people?]

"They are people who can stand up to us," Alter said, folding the scroll he was reading and putting it in his pocket. "The other one has travelled to various worlds and has gathered the necessary catalysts for their summons. He later returned to those worlds and collected souls to use in case they turned against humanity."

Claire looked at Rider.

Rider Yuto was so worried that Claire was in danger that he was willing to kill innocent people to protect her. So they sent the Dragon Slayers and especially Natsu and Martha, respectively the daughter who, despite not being the only daughter, was all he had left of Mordred and Claire when he was alive and someone very close to a younger brother.