Chapter 18: S.P.Q.R. (Part 1)

There was no more time to waste. The last Fuyuki Singularity had taken their room for manoeuvre, drastically reducing the time at their disposal. However, something good had come with it.

The Dragon Slayers had reached the Chaldea and this had made Rider Yuto more motivated. Those who knew him knew it was all because of his wish to laugh and joke with his friends and family again.

Given the shortage of staff, extra hands were well received by Olga. All of them had the aptitude to perform the rayshift and this meant that they were useful on the offensive side, but they were useful on the support side too, especially Rouge with his Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic and Wendy with her Sky Dragon Slayer Magic. In addition, Wendy had already begun to remedy Lev's disaster.

"The wounds were quite serious, but at least they are alive," Wendy analysed the situation of Kirschtaria Wodime. "Even if they are healed, they are still unable to fight."

"But they will be soon," Doctor Romani said as he was studying the results of medical tests on the members of A-Team. "Fortunately, the magic circuits were not damaged and that's good."

Good thing. Even though Wendy could heal any kind of illness, injury or altered status, she couldn't repair the damaged magic circuits.

"So far Lev knew exactly what we were doing in advance, so I guess that goes beyond that." Doctor Romani daydreamed about how Lev was a bundle of nerves guessing if there will be other reincarnated people against him, especially since not even the Dragon Slayers knew who their allies were except for those who bring them back to life. "Rather, you should go get ready for the rayshift."

Wendy nodded and left the infirmary to reach the briefing room for the pre-mission summit.

Olga frowned slightly, but she let it slide. After all, Olga was aware of Wendy's work.

"Since we're all here, I'm going straight to the point." Olga coughed in her hand to clear her throat. "According to calculations, we have until the end of this year to correct the seven singularities and stop the mastermind behind the incineration. So, from now on, I would like to avoid unnecessary waste of time."

Olga glanced at Yuto as the last singularity had happened because of him. There had been pros but also many cons, especially the fact that they found a flaw in the rayshift system when Morgan prevented them from bringing Yuto and Ritsuka back.

"Since there are still six points of history distorted, the best solution would be to divide us into two teams, A-Team and B-Team," Da Vinci said showing a holographic map of the world showing the remaining six singularities marked with a red dot while France and Fuyuki were marked with a green dot. "We have no idea who is helping Chaldea, but since they had provided us with allies-"

Olga didn't call them allies. They were her new employees now that exploited her and Chaldea's limited resources, and she was using them in her battle against time. According to Rider Yuto, they were strong, especially Martha and Natsu.

"How should we split up?" Yuto intervened distractedly. "You are going to toss up or are you going to use some kind of alien algorithm?"

Olga frowned. It didn't matter if Yuto was both part of the House of Pendragon and the House of Tohsaka, he was annoying when he did so

"Good question," Da Vinci said to appease the atmosphere. "I suggest you would have at least one experienced master per team."

Da Vinci was referring to Yuto, Rider Yuto, Illya and Olga herself as "master experts", but there was a bit of fear in pairing Yuto and Ritsuka, having repeatedly shown that they were people who acted based on their feelings and being subject to headshots.