Chapter 12: First Singularity - Final Verse (1)

The reality was guided by an ineluctable and unknown force that strongly directed the inexorable and causal course of the events that composed it. Nothing happened by chance and everything happened according to cause-effect relationships and necessity.

This force was Fate, the same one that now set side by side two distinct realities that had their origins in the same event.

Rider, whose real name is Yuto Pendragon, the King of Dragons, was an alternate version of Yuto Pendragon who was a master of Chaldea.

The fact that both were destined to destroy the Holy Grail was inevitable as well as to be catapulted into other dimensions as a result of its destruction and to play a decisive role in battles in which the survival of humanity will be put to the test.

In the case of the King of Dragons, this enemy is revealed to be Angra Manyu and Acnologia, the Dragon of Magic. However, in the process, he had lost many important things, one of which now stood right before his eyes.

"As I imagined, the scent I smelled at the time of my summon was yours," Rider said, addressing Caster.

Rider had created a type of magic that modified much of his body to be that of a dragon. His sense of smell was better than that of a bloodhound, allowing him to detect presences many miles away.

"Long time no see, Caster," he greeted.

Under his helmet, Rider was smiling at the pleasure of seeing her again. She was the person who had given him a reason to fight after the end of the Sixth Holy Grail War, but fate had wanted to separate them when they had reached almost the apex of happiness.

"Yeah," Caster smiled sweetly. "How are you?"

She knew him too well. She knew what kind of person Rider Yuto was. She knew his history and abilities and was not surprised that he had refused to collaborate with Jeanne Alter once he perceived her presence.

"As much as I would dig up the past, there is no time to lose," Rider solemnly said. "What I did will not go unnoticed by the other Jeanne."

Since escaping from Orleans Castle, Rider has kept an eye on Jeanne Alter and her henchmen.

"Thiers is far enough away from Orleans to be safe and close enough to be able to spy the base of the other Jeanne," the Rider Class Servant placed an oval blue crystal on the table. "One of my subclasses is Assassin. Thanks to Presence Concealment, I sneaked in and placed these around the city."

"This is an Explosive Lacrima," Caster remarked puzzled. "Are you going to blow up all of Orleans?"

"Enough to create panic in the enemy ranks," Rider pointed out.

Caster grasped the Crystal and had no doubts about its origin. It was a mineral from her original world. It was crystallized magic energy that could be altered by implanting a different kind of magic, resulting in many different types of Lacrimas.

"Unfortunately, while I was doing so, I was discovered by an enemy Servant," Rider admitted as he entered a room protected by magic seals that even someone like Cu Chullain found interesting.

Upon entering, they noticed the presence of a servant. She sat on an armchair that had been placed in the centre of a magic circle drawn using pig blood.

"Have you recovered, Archer?" Rider asked her.

They watched the servant. She was a girl with long, wild light brown hair that turned green on her fringe and green eyes. She wore a lush green and black dress, with golden accents. But what attracted the most attention to everyone was her feline ears and the tail.