Chapter 23: S.P.Q.R. (Part 6)

"He didn't come back tonight. I wonder if he's okay?" Saber Mordred was slightly concerned that Yuto had not returned from the meeting with Nero and she had the feeling that something had happened. Then, she was talking about Yuto, who had survived Gilgamesh, so she didn't have much to worry about.

"Rather, what worries me is that I haven't received any updates," Alter said while continuing to polish Excalibur Morgan.

"Maybe they discovered the spy and were killed," Arthur hypothesized.

Alter turned his attention to Arthur, staring at him glacially. "It's easier to kill you than him."

Mordred nodded.

In fact, he had been a nuisance to fight him in the past because no matter how many times they killed him, he came back as if nothing had happened and only an unexpected turn of events had defeated him.

"Rather, almost everything is ready now," Alter said, putting his black sword in its sheath. "Have you found what I asked?"

Rider Yuto nodded as he laid some objects on the table that he had recovered from some temples and ruins of the world that Alter had indicated to him.

"It wasn't easy. The Romans erased almost everything that was ancient history. I had to dig deep," Rider Yuto said, sitting dead weight on a chair and drinking wine. "I found something related to the Greek Myths, but most of them are related to the Monarchic and Republican times."

It was fine. Indeed, the Greek heroes were the best Heroic Spirits they could summon since they were mostly Demigods.

The plan was to use the summoning system created by the Chaldea, which was experimental as it allowed only random summons. However, they would direct it by using the catalysts.

"We don't have time to wait for him to come back," Alter said, giving Illya a piece of fur. "You will proceed."

----------------------

Sitting in the chair, with his hands in his hair and empty eyes staring at the floor, Yuto thought back to what had happened the night before. The first time he managed to escape after "complimenting Nero's performance", but this time it was worse.

He didn't sleep that night, which he was used to. It didn't cause him any problems. However, what made that night horrible was Nero. She had wrapped herself around him, kissing him and then trying to get him into bed, only to be saved by the fact that Nero had collapsed before concluding.

He thought he was finally saved, but Nero had clung to him without letting him go and stuttering gibberish.

Damn luck with Rank E.

"Ugh!" Nero yawned loudly.

"I slept divinely as if Somnus had rewarded me for my efforts."

"Good for you," Yuto replied quietly.

"Did you not sleep well?" Nero asked, resting his chin on his knees.

"Yeah." If she hadn't tried to rape him.

Yuto's face turned red as he saw everything. "Wear something. Anything," he begged mentally.

Arthur had told him and now Yuto had to admit that the King of Knights was right. He had given Nero the only thing she had never received so far and although they were honest words he really thought, it had been a mistake.

What to do? The current situation was good on the one hand because it allowed him to keep her close to him. In this way, he could have guaranteed her safety better. The bad thing was that it was like playing with Nero's feelings because he didn't love her back. They were just friends.