chapter 1

Y/n's pov

It's been 2 months now since it happened.I just can't get my mind off it.I always think about.It haunts my every single hour of the day.It's the first thing i think of when i wake up and the last thing i think of when i go to sleep.I have tried to talk to someone.But it never really worked.I wake up every night,all sweaty and disgusting.I just can't.I can't go on anymore.

I try relaxing for a bit,but as soon as i close my eyes,the memories flood through my mind,of what happened that night.

*flash back from 2 months ago*

It was late at night,my parents and my brother,Oliver,had gone to bed sleeping.My sister,Jasmine and I were still awake,so we decided to annoy our brother,because we love him that much.We got hungry planning on how to wake up our brother,so we tiptoed downstairs and and ate something.

My sister wanted something warm to eat,so she got some leftover soup from the kitchen,and put it in the microwave."Isnt that my soup?" I said,looking at her confused."Yeah,why?"she admitted to me.I shrugged at her and set the timer on the microwave.She set the timer for 1 minute."Are you done yet?" I whispered impaitiently."Yeh,now cmon!" She whispered back.

Little did we know,Jasmine acciedently left her spoon in the soup,which was in the microwave,heating up.As we tiptoed back upstairs to our brother's room,we heard a bang from downstairs.The whole neighbour hood woke up.We dashed downstairs to see everything up in flames.It happened so quickly.My brother ran downstairs to everything."WHAT DID YOU DO!??!"Oliver questioned furiously."I DIDNT MEAN TO!" Jasmine shouted back. "THAT DOESNT MATTER RIGHT NOW,WE JUST NEED TO GET MOM AND DAD OUT OF HERE!!" I shouted at both of them

We ran so fast up to out parent's room.We pushed them back and forth to wake them up."THERE'S A FIRE THERE'S A FIRE!!!" Jasmine screamed.They both woke up the see us in a panicked state."what's going on?" My father says in a raspy voice.As soon as he saids that,flames come out of nowhere.Both my parents look at the three of us in terror.They get up from the bed abruptly.

As we run out of their room,flames come out of nowhere,almost hitting us."WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!" My father saids.Jasmine looks around her "THE WINDOW!" Jasmine saids.We all agree and run to my parent's window.We tie the blankets together to make a rope.Oliver opens the widow quickly ties my mother to the rope.One by one,all going down from the top window.When my brother and parents got down,it was just Jasmine and I.We both knew we had to make decision.One of us had to stay here.

"I'll stay" My sister saids."No I will" i argue."Stop it i'll stay one way or another." Jasmine argues back."No i have to,it's the only way."I say as tears flood my eyes.Jasmine pulls me into a hug."Im sorry" she saids.I look at her confused.She pushed me out of the window.But when i fell out,the blankets were tied on my waist.Then i realised,my sister gave her life to save mine.

*End of flash back*

My eyes were like a swimming pool.I started crying again.My brother heard me and rushed to my room.He looked at me,with my eyes flooded with tears.He pulled me into a hug.I swear this was the 1000th hug he gave me in a week."Hey you okay?" Oliver questioned."Yeah,just memories,you know?" I said to his face.

It went silent for a good minute."Hey um a new someone just moved in,mom and i are gonna greet her,unless you wanna join us?"He saids,trying to lift my spirits up."Yeah whatever"I say smiling,punching his arm playfully.We go downstairs,seeing mom all dressed up nicely to greet our new neighbour.Oliver and I smile at eachother.It's nice seeing her like this i guess.My mom opens the door and we all go outside the new neighbour's door."Go on y/n,knock" My mother whispers to me eagerly.I hesitantly knock on the hard wood.

Author's note

I hope yous liked this,istg this took quite long and it took a while cuz i didnt know what i was doing but i hope you enjoyed this chapter <33

- abstickle