[ 12 ] anchors

second part to the double update <3

ANCHORS

        ASPEN hated every second of this— it was a feeling she knew all too well

        ASPEN hated every second of this— it was a feeling she knew all too well. The subtle and gradual feeling of losing control over your own body, and the terrorising fear that came with it. After the night of her seventeenth birthday, she'd learnt how to deal with full moons—the same way Scott did. She learnt control, she learnt how to keep the supernatural side at bay.

She had an anchor.

Her anchor was the boy she'd loved since the day she knew what love is. The boy she'd watch pine after the queen bee for years upon years, the boy who'd broken her heart so many times without even realising it. The boy she'd die for without thinking twice, the boy she'd give up everything for. The boy she'd set the world into flames for. Aspen would endure an eternity in hell if it meant Stiles would see the golden gates heaven. But she was also his angel— which was ironic, because no one would ever expect an angel to be the one to set the world on fire.

But right now—that boy, that anchor— was becoming an anchor to someone else.

Stiles was fastening Malia's chains in place as the werecoyote growled with her flashing blue eyes. He kept turning around over his shoulder to Aspen who was on the other side of the basement, sat down on the concrete ground, her bones shaking as her own eyes kept flashing in and out of their embery flame-colour.

"Too tight?" Stiles asked Malia about the chains.

"Tighter." Malia shot back in demand, knowing these chains weren't strong enough.Stiles did as she asked and tightened them.

As Stiles moved back and sat on a chair in the basement, Malia's eyes narrowed as she looked at the Bellator girl on the other side of the room, who was still shaking but she looked like she was trying really hard to stop.

"What's going on with you?" Malia asked across the room, making Aspen's eyes dart in her direction.

"What?" Aspen asked, her voice coming out as more of a whisper.

"Haven't you done dozens of full moons before?" Malia asked, "Why is this one affecting you so badly?"

Aspen went quiet, and Stiles' eyes fell on her as he gazed at her with worry just like had done previously upstairs. He didn't understand it either, why this full moon was affecting her so badly.

"I... I don't know..." Aspen lied in a shaky voice, knowing the real reason but didn't feel strong enough to admit that to Stiles.

Malia paused for a moment, and then tilted her head as she then said,

"You're lying."

"Do me a favour and don't listen to my heartbeat," Aspen snapped back in annoyance, "It's intrusive..."