[ 29 ] it's so nice to finally meet you

IT'S SO NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU

                             DAYS had passed since the Chemist's failed assassination attempt at the high-school

                             DAYS had passed since the Chemist's failed assassination attempt at the high-school. The pack were still no closer to figuring out who the benefactor was how to stop the deadpool, it was like life had just come to a stand-still.

And there had been nothing but radio-silence between Aspen and Stiles.

Aspen was not going to beg for an explanation—she was self aware enough to know that this situation about Malia's heritage had nothing to do with her. But she'd be lying if she said she didn't want an explanation from Stiles. Quite frankly, she was disappointed with them all—Scott, Kira, even Lydia. Aspen had been lied to her whole life about who her real father was—and everyone around her knew how much pain that put her through. They all watched her break down, they watched her lose her sanity and spiral until she crumbled to the ground. She just couldn't understand why they'd all participate in doing the same thing to Malia.

Especially Stiles.

For every step forward those two managed to take, it would be three more backwards. For one selfish, passionate, all-consuming moment—they had each other again. They felt safe in each other's embrace, a safeness they hadn't felt in so long. But with them—nothing good came without a consequence, and the consequences always seemed to outweigh the happy parts.

It's why Stiles had been so reserved about telling Aspen about Peter being Malia's father. He knew she was disapprove of their secretive approach to it. He knew she would have told Malia the second she found out, to spare her the pain she endured herself.

But Aspen was also the reason Stiles kept the truth from Malia.

Peter and Deucalion weren't all that different, and everybody could see that. And when Aspen found out about him being her real father—it was the beginning of the end. She left town with him and her brother—and she wasn't exactly being forced to. Their threats to Stiles' life were practically empty, given that they'd lost the power of having a pack. But Aspen went with them anyway.

She didn't leave town—she ran away from reality. And when she finally did come back? Things only got worse.

In a town like Beacon Hills, history had a tendency of repeating itself. Stiles thought he was doing what was right—he thought he was preventing the same thing happening to Malia. He thought this was his chance to actually help—because when everything went down with Aspen last year, he just felt so goddamn helpless. He couldn't do anything to help her, not really. He thought, this time, he did have a chance to help. That's all he thought he was doing—helping.

But deep down, he knew Aspen wouldn't see it that way. She'd see it as much of a betrayal as Malia did—because as much as the two girls had their differences and would never exactly be the best of friends, they related to each other on a lot more than they thought they did. They'd both been trapped inside of bodies that made them do unspeakable things of which haunted them, they'd both lost control against their own will—and they'd both been lied to about their real family.