[ 25 ] quarantine from the quarantine

pt.2 to double update

QUARANTINE FROM THE QUARANTINE

THE first people Aspen could find when she emerged from the girls locker-room were Malia and Kira, who were in a queue of students waiting to get an injection of something that would most likely have no affect on the supernatural group of teenagers. She had shot Scott a couple texts to which she'd received no reply, so she decided to suck it up and join Malia—she liked Kira, anyways, so how bad could it be?

"Kira?" Malia spoke up first, turning to the Yukimura girl, "Do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?"

Aspen's eyes widened, wondering what on Earth she'd just walked in on. She saw the look on Malia's face and wondered if it was a mistake joining these two.

"What do you mean?" Kira asked, looking nervously at Aspen who just shrugged her shoulders casually.

"Like... they hide stuff!" Malia said in response, making Aspen's eyes widen even more.

She wondered what the hell it was the boys had gotten themselves into—and felt thankful she wasn't remotely close enough to Malia for this to be her problem.

"I think if they did, they'd probably have a pretty good reason..." Kira replied to Malia awkwardly, and Aspen narrowed her eyes at the Yukimura girl, wondering if she knew what Malia clearly didn't. The Bellator girl was clearly out of whatever loop this was—or if she did know the big secret, she probably wasn't aware it was a secret.

With a fed up sigh, Malia blurted out, "Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?"

"What?" Kira said in question like the thought was ridiculous, "No! I've never been under Scott's bed. Or in it. Just on it... wearing clothes."

Aspen let out a snort of laughter, finding Kira's behaviour amusing but quite frankly adorable. Malia was clearly unimpressed by her laughter though, as she shot her head in Aspen's direction with frowned brows and narrowed eyes. Aspen looked to her right, meeting Malia's eyes, and then shrugged as if to say 'what?'

"Do you know what's in the bag?" Malia asked Aspen bluntly.

"Yeah," Aspen shrugged pouting her bottom lip as she said it so casually.

"Wha— tell us!" Malia exclaimed in return.

With a simple snort of laughter, Aspen bluntly said "No."

Malia looked unimpressed, though Kira just seemed innocent and not bothered by the subject. The werecoyote's jaw fell open at Aspen, who remained amused and unbothered.

"What—" Malia questioned in annoyance, "what do you meant no? Why won't you say?"

"I'm assuming— since you don't know, that it's not my business to tell you." Aspen said in response, unaffected by Malia's annoyance or dirty looks.

Cutting their conversation short, much to Aspen's dismay—since she quite enjoyed the entertainment, the woman clad head to toe in a hazmat suit called Kira forward.

The Yukimura girl took her place, rolling the sleeve of her shirt up while the woman prepped the needle.

"You feeling all right, Kira?" the woman in the hazmat suit asked, "I don't like needles, either. I promise, it'll be fast."

But the second the needle made contact with Kira's veins—there was a spark of electricity, making the woman jump as Kira was left standing there, while Aspen and Malia both widened their eyes with concern at what had just happened.