[ 20 ] friend to friend

FRIEND TO FRIEND

                             AS the brunette sat in awkward silence in the passenger seat, with her ex-lover driving down the quit town street, her knee bobbed up and down absentmindedly as her mind spun with one single question, which was more of...

                             AS the brunette sat in awkward silence in the passenger seat, with her ex-lover driving down the quit town street, her knee bobbed up and down absentmindedly as her mind spun with one single question, which was more of a statement, that was just on the tip of her tongue. Stiles was nearing the McCall residence, completely unaware of what was going on inside Aspen's head.

Twisting the rings on her fingers in her usual nervous fashion the Bellator girl bit on the inside of her cheek as she stared straight ahead at the road through the windscreen. The painful awkwardness that had lingered in the Jeep the entire way home was enough to make Aspen contemplate jumping out into moving traffic. Seriously, she genuinely considered it as a solution for a good five minutes. She'd heal, anyway.

It was when the McCall house finally showed into view and Stiles' jeep came to a slow as he was stopping right outside of it, that Aspen had to bite the bullet. She swallowed nervously as she built up the courage to do what had to be done for the sake of their sanity, as she turned in her seat to face her frame towards Stiles, instead of making a move to get out of the vehicle.

"Stiles, we need to talk."

The Stilinski boy was taken by surprise with Aspen's words filling the silent air, breaking the awkwardness that had lingered with the absence of speaking. He turned his head over his shoulder to look at her, listening, ready to hang onto every word that left her lips.

"Uh," he mumbled under his breath, then cleared his throat as he added, "yeah—I guess we do... do you— wanna go first?"

"Not here," Aspen shook her head as her voice came out quiet and hoarse, "I... don't really want to have this talk in your car on the side of the road..."

"Okay," Stiles nodded with a murmur, "I, um, I have to get back soon though, I promised my dad I'd be home before—"

"We can talk at yours," Aspen said with a weak smile, leaning her head on the head-rest of her seat, "I mean—if that's okay... I can totally get out of the car right now if that's weird—"

"No, it's okay," Stiles cut her off, his eyes staring into hers intently, "I'll... uh, I'll take you back to my place, then?"

"Yeah, I mean—I'll walk back here when we're done, I wasn't implying anything like that—"

"I'll just sleep on the couch." Stiles interrupted with certainty in his voice. Aspen looked at him for a moment with a questioning gaze, but left it at that. Without even needing to communicate it they both knew this conversation wouldn't exactly be a short one.

And with that being said, Stiles drove back onto the quiet street as he made his way to his house, with Aspen in the seat beside him—both of their hearts practically beating out of their chests in anticipation for what was to come.