[ 14 ] the deadpool

THE DEADPOOL

"SO, the Walcotts were the first..." Stiles began to explain to his father as he, Scott and Aspen stood in front of the sheriff's desk, "at least, the first we know about. Four murders—Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called the Mute; weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then, the Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house... and got decapitated outside his car. And then, last night, twenty-three-year-old Carrie Hudson..."

"It's a Deadpool—" Scott said warily, "a hit-list of supernatural creatures."

The McCall boy then unfolded the sheet of paper in his pocket and placed it on the desk for Stiles' father to read, "This is only part of it... The rest still has to be decoded."

SEAN WALCOTT 250

DAVID WALCOTT 250

MICHAEL WALCOTT 250

CHRISTAN WALCOTT 250

LYDIA MARTIN 20

SCOTT MCCALL 25

ASPEN BELLATOR 50

ACE BELLATOR 30

DEMARCO MONTANA 250

DEREK HALE 15

CARRIE HUDSON 250

KIRA YUKIMURA 6

"Who found this list?" Sheriff Stilinski asked in concern as his eyes scanned over the scarily high price tags attached to all of the teenagers.

"Lydia." Aspen answered with a sigh.

"How?" Stiles' father asked the brunette.

"She... kind of wrote it—" Aspen replied, "Or technically transcribed it without actually realising she was..."

With a sigh, Sheriff Stilinski replied, "Banshee?"

"Banshee." his son confirmed with a nod while pursing his lips.

"Beautiful." Sheriff Stilinski muttered, then pointed to the list of deadpool names again and asked, "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that." Stiles told his father, "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

"Wait... You mean, like, a... like a key word?" said his father with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's actually a name—" Stiles began, then in instinct he turned to Aspen and Scott beside him, his heart sinking for them when he saw the solemn expression that had over come both of them so suddenly.

Aspen was staring down at the sheet of paper on the desk, but then she swallowed a lump in her throat and lifted her head up, looking at Stiles' father as he eyes glossed over every so slightly.

"Uh... Allison." she said in a low murmur, blinking back any sudden tear that threatened to fall then and there. But then she could almost see the angelic huntress in her head, smiling at her like everything was going to be alright, just like how she had visioned her the night before.

"Her name—" Scott said while subtley clearing his throat, "it broke a third of the list."

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys." Stiles added in explanation.