The Oath

Ezra Pov.

Just then, Chopper rushed in, followed by Sabines mother. I looked over at Chop, heart still pounding. "Hey Chop. How you doing buddy?" Chopper babbled excitedly, zooming around my bed, apparently overjoyed at my awakening. "Good to see you to Chopper." I then turned my attention to Ursa. "Hello Mrs. Wren, its been a while" "Indeed it has, Mr. Bridger, you have been asleep for a long time." "How long?" "Two weeks" "What! Why? What happened." Sabine turned to me, saying "You don't remember?" "All I remember is being caught in a giant fireball, then using the force to throw me away from the center of the explosion. Sabine, what happened. What caused that thing? And most importantly, where are the others?" Sabine gazed at me, tears in her eyes, as she related the whole story, saying how the sniper shot the fuel, causing the explosion. I looked down gazing at the sheets and my broken body. "S-so you see, if you hadn't pushed yourself back, I would have lost you to." Sabine said sobbing. Tears in my eyes, I reached out and pulled her close, both of us crying into each others bodies. "Thank you Sabine, f-for saving my life." Once I said this, we both just sobbed all the harder, mourning the loss of our family.

I then turned toward Ursa, and asked her "Mrs. Wren. What do I owe you? You have housed me even though I am not a mandalorian." "Actually, Mr. Bridger, you can join our clan for the time being, then, if you wish, you may form you own clan." "With who?" "My daughter, Sabine. If you two were to get married, you would have to move out and start your own clan." I then looked at Sabine saying "And you okay with this" she just rolled her eyes and hugged me. "Of course I am." I smiled and stroked her hair. Then, looking up, I asked  "How? I am not even a mandalorian?" "Mandalorian isn't a race, it's an oath, a creed." she said, looking at me. "So if I take this 'oath', then I will be a mandalorian?" "Indeed you will." she stated. "What is the oath?" "Are you sure that you are ready? If you take this oath, you must live by it." "I am." I said with confidence. "Then repeat after me. 'I will raise my young as Mandalorians — and defend them. I will wear our armor, and speak our language. And I will serve the clan, and rally when called. These are the Resol'nare — the Six Actions — sacred to our movement. Do them — and I may live to call  myself a Mandalorian!'