The Confrontation

Ezra Pov.

Sabine leapt into my arms, tears splayed out all over her face. "Thank you Ez. Thank you for bringing me back." I hugged her. "Your welcome Sab. I'm just glad your okay. You had me worried." We stayed like this for a minute. Then, the time came to confront Mon Mothma. 

Still stroking her hair, I asked "Are you ready Sabine." Taking her head off of my chest, she looked at me with those gorgeous amber eyes. "I'm ready Ez." With a quick kiss on her forehead, I rose and put my ear to the door. Mon Mothma was still transmitting, for that all that had transpired with Sabine and her emotions had only taken around a minute. With a deep breath,  we put on our helmets, punched in the code and walked in. As we walked in, the first thing I noticed was tension, and it wasn't because of how ticked off we were at Mon Mothma. The tension, wasn't emanating from us. Thanks to the force, I was able to discern where the tension was coming from. It came from the center of the room, where Ursa was talking heatedly to a hologram projection of the former-senator that they knew all too well. As we walked closer, I could hear that Mon Mothma was trying to negotiate for safe passage threw our sector, as well as overall peace. She was obviously getting no where. Ursa had declined every offer she had sent them, and because Mon Mothma couldn't afford a war against the mandalorians, she had no choice but to continue her attempts. Nobody paid any attention to us as they walked up, and except for a nod from Ursa, we went unnoticed. That is, until Mon Mothma noticed Sabines armor. Her eyes opened wide in shock, her mouth opening in realization. 

"Is something the matter senator." Ursa asked in a curt tone. "N-not at all, Ms. Wren. Just a little shocked." "What is so shocking, Senator." she asked, her impatience rising. "Is-is that mandalorian, Sabine Wren?" she asked in a hesitant tone. Stepping forward, Sabine took off her helmet. "Indeed it is, Mon Mothma." she said through gritted teeth. As I looked at her, I could sense anger surging through her, possessing every thought that she had. Moving forward, I placed my hand on her shoulder, and sent out feeling's of calm and protection. "I'm here." I whispered into her ear. 

Suddenly, her body loosened up, and she visibly relaxed. Looking at me, she turned and nodded her thanks. Then, turning once more she asked, "Why is that so shocking senator?" "Well, it's just, we got word that your mission... went south. We thought that you were dead." she said with false shock on her face. Sabine spoke up again saying. "Indeed it did go south Mon Mothma, however, I survived the attack, and fled here." "Did anyone else survive?" she asked, with false worry. Sabine replied and said "Only Chopper and..." "And me." I said, taking off my helmet and looking at Mon Mothma. "C-commander Bridger, you too? This is certainly a wonderful surprise." she stated with hate in her eyes, a false smile on her lips. "Sure it is." I said with a sarcastic smile. Suddenly she stopped smiling. Sabine looked at me with questionly.  Ursa just looked at me surprise evident on her face. "What do mean commander?" Mothma asked with a frown. "Oh I think you know." I said, my voice thick with hate. Now it was Sabines turn to calm me down. She laid a hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes. "I'm here" she said. Seeing her calmed me down a little, though not for long. "You set us up." said, my voice a little less angry. "Pardon?" she said with a small frown. "You set us up." said again, my voice rising once more. I could feel the darkness coursing through my veins. Anger, hate, frustration, grief, and fear, all rolled up into one terrible package. "You sent the assassin." I said, my voice almost at a yell. "You did what!" Ursa yelled at her. "What. No I did not." she answered back in an even tone." I was getting more frustrated, so much so that I couldn't even feel Sabine's hand. I could only feel one thing. The dark side. My eyes flickered yellow. 

"You callin' me a liar I yelled

"You callin' me a liar I yelled." "I suppose so," she  said, looking at me with her cold, icy blue eyes. "Because I didn't do that to your team." "Ezra, how do you know this?" Ursa asked, still glaring at Mon Mothma. "I had a vision. You tried to kill our team because we were getting nosy. You didn't want us to know how you remained leader to the rebellion for so long. So you killed them!" I yelled. Ursa looked at me with shock, then back a the senator. "Is this true?" She asked. "Yes. It is" she said, seeing no way out of the situation. She didn't see the point in trying lie her way out. The force couldn't be fooled. "I killed your crew." She stated in an evil tone. "And I would do it again. Hera was becoming a threat anyway." All of a sudden, my body couldn't take it any more. All of my emotions lept out of me in one angry hurricane. A storm of the Darkside. I screamed, and ignited my lightsaber. Instead of the usual green, it had turned red. "Ezra!" Sabine screamed, grabbing onto my shoulder. "Ill kill you Mon Mothma, Ill kill you!" I yelled. "Until we meat again, Ezra." She said with a small smile and then signed off. "NOOOO!!!" I screamed in frustration. I then felt my body grow weak, all of my energy spent. I collapsed, into Sabine arms, and cried, all of my anger gone. "I'm sorry Sabine." I whispered. Then everything went dark, and I entered the the land of unconsciousness. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longest chapter yet. 1015 words. How'd you like it.