The Vision

Ezra Pov.

It was late. Very, very late. I had just gotten through a mission briefing that Ursa had requested me to attend. The reason for the late hour was because of the secrecy. Only the mandalorians in the highest rank even knew about it, and only a certain few were aloud to attend. Because I was a trusted friend of Sabines, and because I was force sensitive, I had been promoted to the same rank as Sabine and Tristan. Because of this, I was one of the trusted few to attend. It was only Ursa, her husband, Tristan, Sabine, and me. The meeting was about an imperial shipment. Thanks to Sabines investigative work, we had found out that the empire had found a kyber crystal. Because I knew of the power that they held, we had decided that it was of the utmost priority that we intercept them and take the cargo. Once we had agreed on a plan of action, the meeting drew to a close. Sabine had gone to our room, saying that she needed some sleep. After she had given me a kiss goodnight, she had headed for bed. I had stayed an hour later, talking to Tristan and Ursa about the mission. Once I had finished our conversation, I had headed to bed. I got to our room and typed in the code. The door slid open and I walked inside. Sabine was asleep on the bed, breathing serenely, and upon taking off my armor, I slid in beside her, and fell asleep.

Narrator Pov.

When Ezra slept, a vision came to him, telling him secrets. Frightening secrets.

Ezra Pov.

"...They can't find out..." 

"They won't..." "Kill them..." "I didn't pay you 2000 credits for nothing..." "No..." I mumbled. "You don't have to worry Mon Mothma..." "Target's sighted..." "Don't..." I moaned. "Shoot!...." BOOOOOM! "NOOO!..." I yelled, awakening with tears in my eyes, and a hand on my chest.

Sabine Pov.

I was startled awake by a thrashing of movement on my left. "No..." a voice whispered. "Ezra, are you, are you okay?" The thrashing continued, getting louder and more intense with each passing second. "Ezra?" I said in a concerned voice, sitting up and looking over at him. He was drenched in sweat, eyes glued shut, muttering. "Don't..." he called out. "Ezra are you okay?" I asked with tears in my eyes. It pained me to see him like this. Laying my hand on his chest, I moved closer. "With a sudden jolt, he shot upwards, yelling "NOOO!..." "His eyes were now open wide, his brow drenched in sweat. "E-Ezra, are you okay." He looked over at me and he suddenly broke down and cried. "Oh my goodness, Ezra." I reached over and pulled him close, letting him sob into my chest. "It's okay Ezra, I'm here." After a while, he finally stopped crying, and just clung to me, and in that way we fell asleep.

 In the morning I woke up to find Ezra sitting on the edge of the bed, still as stone, staring off into space. "Ez? Are you alright." He turned his head toward me and said, "Yeah, I'm... fine." He forced a smile and said, "What about you?" I looked at him and said "I'm worried about you. I was awoken last night by you thrashing about. You scared me." Upon hearing this he crawled over and lay down next to me, holding me. "I'm sorry I scared you, I didn't mean to." "I know Ezra." We lay in silence for a little while, holding each other. "Ezra, were you dreaming?" "No, I had a vision, a terrible one. "What, what about?" I asked in a nervous tone. "I saw why they died. I saw the  cause of the explosion. I saw who hired that assassin. "Who?" I asked in a shaky tone. "Mon... Mon Mothma."