Recovery

Normal Pov.

Over the next few days, Ezra steadily got better, gathering more and more strength to himself as he took longer periods to train in the center. After around a week, Ezra looked as though the whole situation with Mon Mothma had never occurred, although he frequently had sessions in which he would stare at the horizon with a glare that could scare off a Mythasoar. During these sessions, Sabine would often come up and hug his forearm until he calmed down. The Darkside of the Force had claimed a part of Ezra that day, a fact which haunted Ezra thoughts often. He had never known that it was possible to change the color of a lightsaber. Although he had his assumptions about how this had occurred, he didn't really know. 

The lightsaber's color depends on the soul of the person that the kyber crystal is relating to. Depending on the individual's personality, the saber draws up those emotion and then emits color and power. Although the color change of lightsabers had never happened before, he supposed it was possible. Theoretically, if a person was suddenly possessed by very strong emotion, the lightsaber color could change, as had occurred with Ezra's lightsaber. This, of course, was very troubling for Ezra, for a part of him had displayed incredible power and rage, and although he was now in control of himself, he didn't know for how long.

Ezra Pov.

I stared down at my lightsaber, sweat pouring off of my face. I had just ended a sparring session with Sabine, and was still cooling down from the exertion. As I gazed down upon my lightsaber, Sabine made her way over to me, towel draped upon her neck. Sabine had been by my side the entire time, for that I was very grateful. We had lost our family that had loved and cared for us when no one else did. It was still all the worse for me. Although Sabine still had her blood family, I had lost them as well. For me, Sabine was the only one whom I had left. The only one with whom I still cared for. 

As she sat down next to me, he took hold of my lightsaber and ignited it, gazing intensely at the pulsating blade. "How are you feeling?" she asked, placing her other arm around my neck. I nuzzled into the side of her head and replied. "Oh, just thinking about what happened, about the sudden color change of my saber." She took her eyes off of the blade, then proceeded to look at me and asked, "Do you know how? I mean, as far as I knew, lightsabers don't change colors. I had never even heard rumors of that. Do you know how it could have happened." 

I gazed at the lightsaber thoughtfully and then let out a heavy sigh. "I think I know how it might have happened, although the conclusion is... frightening, to say the least." I then proceeded to tell her about what I had been thinking about over the past few days, about the theory that he had formulated in his head.

After he had finished, he had then proceeded to tell her, "I don't want to be a servant of the Darkside. The dark side is the master of the empire, and the empire murdered my parents, along with thousands of people, our people Sabine! Our fellow Mandalorians! I don't want to have that living inside of me. I don't want to be a killer. I don't want to hurt you." I ended with a shaky breath, then drew my eyes to Sabines, which were swimming with tears. 

"Ezra, you could never hurt me. Even if you were the one that killed me, I would die with a smile on my face, for I made my choice when I said that I'd marry you one day, and I still mean what I said. Ezra, whatever you're going through, we can go through this together. I love you with all of my heart, and I know that you love me. I also know you, Ezra. You have one of the most noble hearts that I've ever seen. I know that there is darkness in you, but there is also darkness in me, as there is in all of us. Just some display it more than others. We will get through this Ezra, and just know, that whatever you go through, I will be by your side. Always."