Chapter XI

An hour has passed since we've been in the club and still no word from Lalo's connect. Every so often I would glance at my phone before setting my sights on Vixen. Her and Melanie were currently tossing back shots at the bar while Lalo and I sat in the VIP section.

"Yo the fuck are they at ?" I questioned Lalo bringing the glass of Dussè to my lips. Taking a sip of the smooth yet strong liquor I placed it back on its resting spot on the table

"They just texted and said they're outside. They got a section across the club" Lalo said pointing in the direction of the closed off section

Following in the direction he pointed to it was diagonally across from ours. Which was a good thing, I was able to keep Vixen in view as well as discuss things with Lalo. Picking my glass up once again I downed the remaining liquor as Vixen and Melanie made they're way back into the section. Sitting beside me Vixen placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm having so much fun. You have to get on the dance floor with me baby" She said with a smile.

The liquor must have her feeling good because this is the most I ever heard her call me baby. She mostly used it in the privacy of our bedrooms. I guess between the liquor and the fact it wasn't a secret among the four us that she was comfortable calling me baby publicly.

"I got you babe. Let me go smoke with Lalo real quick and grab some more drinks" Standing to my feet I looked over at Lalo who gave me a nod to let me know that the guys were here

Giving Vixen a kiss on her lips I walked out of the section with Lalo right behind me. As I made my way through the sea of bodies I looked back at Vixen. Her and Melanie were taking pictures. I know I needed to focus on the task at hand but Melanie and Vixen were in a new place and have been drinking. A lot of shit can happen. 

"You ready for this ?" Lalo asked looking over at me

"Yeah I'm ready. Just trying to keep the girls in my sight" I answered glancing back at the girls before focusing on the section before us.

I let Lalo enter first since they were here to meet him. Entering behind him I watched the gentlemen stand to their feet, extending their hands to us.

"Lalo it's good to finally see you. This is my brother Javier" Santiago introduced himself to us.

"Likewise, this my friend Ace" Lalo said as I shook both of the males hands

Taking a seat across from them I positioned myself so that I could keep a look out on the girls. I sat back into the leather couch as Lalo and Santiago began discussing the terms of their business. A feeling of nostalgia hit me as I thought about being in the game. The various meetings, the fast money and the respect. But I learned with every reward there was a greater risk. A risk that could lead you either dead or rotting in a cell. Luckily for me and Lalo we were always discreet with our business.

"I'll give you the kilos for $15,000 a piece and throw a few extra free of charge if you do a good job flipping them. I usually charge more but a friend of yours spoke highly of you. So I'm giving you the benefit of doubt" Santiago said bringing his glass of Patron to his lips

"And how do I know yo shit it pure ? Let me see it" Lalo requested

Santiago motioned someone over to him. The male stood about 6'3, muscular and his head was shaved bald. While Santiago was talking to him I noticed he had a gun tucked in his waistband. More than likely the guy was one of his guards. The guard walked away from Santiago momentarily and came back with a duffel bag as well as a random club goer. The guard instructed the guy to sit down between Santiago and Javier. Watching intently I tilted my head as I witness the guy snort two pure white lines of coke. The guy rested his head back as the drug came down on him full force. Wiping his nose the guy brought head back to us. His eyes were widen as he clapped his hands together.