Chapter XXIV

I've spent the past two hours driving around the city aimlessly. After what transpired between Vixen and I, I wasn't ready to go home just yet. I needed to clear my head. Maybe I was a little too harsh with her but I feel like if the roles were switched Vixen would probably accuse me of fucking Zoe. I wasn't insecure about shit when it came to Vixen speaking to other niggas. It was Kaiden I didn't trust. After all the shit he was doing after Vixen broke it off with him, the nigga gave me some weird vibes. And tonight referring to her as our girl was enough to confirm those weirdo ass vibes he was exuding.

Pulling into my driveway I parked my Maserati behind Vixen's car. Killing the engine I exited my car and locked the door behind me. Approaching the front door I exhaled as I unlocked the door. Stepping inside of my home, I could hear the tv softly playing in the living room. Closing and locking the door behind me I kicked off my Timbs and slipped into my Givenchy slides that were by the door. Taking off my coat I hung it on the hook and walked into the living room.

Vixen was laying across the couch watching Love Jones. Her favorite movie and the go to movie she watches when she's having a fucked up day. There was a supreme pizza from Father & Son on the coffee table, along with a jug of fruit punch. Lifting her legs I sat down on the couch. Vixen moved her legs from me as she sat up. Getting up to leave out of the room I rested my hands on her waist stopping her.

"Let me talk to you babe" I said while guiding her back to the couch

Vixen sat down folding her arms over her chest. I knew my choice of words had hurt her and I felt like an ass for even saying it to her. Licking over my lips I slouched back into the comfort of the couch as I turned my head to look at her. Brushing her curly mane out of her face I kissed her neck.

"I apologize for sayin' that shit about Zoe. I was pissed off and I know that doesn't excuse it but I am sorry" I apologized planting another kiss on her neck before removing my face from it

"That was a low blow Adrian especially after she called herself pressing me. I'm sorry for going to meet Kaiden. I honestly wasn't thinking when I agreed to meet him" she said toying with the promise ring on her finger

"I trust you Vix, so don't think that I don't. I just don't trust that weirdo ass nigga" I replied pulling her on to my lap "he just give me bad vibes"

"You don't have to worry about me ever speaking to him again. I do have a question. Kaiden said you came to his office and threaten him. Did that actually happen ?"

Chuckling under my breath I shook my head. I couldn't believe this nigga really told Vixen I pulled up on him. If that was his attempt to try to get her back it definitely backfired on him.

"After we came back from vacation I went to his office and told him and his bitch to quit fuckin' with you" I said nonchalantly

"Why didn't you tell me you did that. Kaiden could have called the police on you babe. If he feels threaten he get lawyers and the police involved" She said turning to look at me

"I wasn't worried about it. I'm a pretty good damn lawyer" I said smiling cockily "but enough about this nigga. Did yo contractors come ?"

"Yes they did. I'm so excited to see how it looks when it's finished" Vixen said excitedly

"I'm proud of you Vixen, you know that right ?" I asked kissing her forehead

Over the past month Vixen has been slowly becoming herself, it might not be the Vixen I first meet but I'm sure this new her was going to be stronger than before. As she continued talking about her plans for her firm I sat back and listened to her. It's been a while since we've done this. With Vixen I was able to be vulnerable, let her see the true me. It wasn't the same with Zoe, she met me when I was hustling and that was Adrian she wanted to see. She wanted me to be tough through everything, I couldn't express myself fully with her flying off the handles and being defensive about any and everything. I saw a future with Vixen. Marriage, the big house and the kids.