Prolouge

I stood across from him as tears tried their best to fall from my eyes. Causing a familiar burning sensation I knew all too well. I told myself that we would never do this or never get stuck in a situation like this. We both were each others forbidden fruit and we just wanted to have each other. It didn't matter if it was sex or a simple kiss on the lips.  We just craved each other, like a moth craved to be near a flame.

I proceeded to head for the door but he gently grabbed my arm, in one swift motion he was pulling me back to him. Wrapping his muscular arms around me tightly he muttered the words "I love you" into my ear.

The tears I worked so hard to hold back instantly cascaded along my cheeks. I caved into his toned chest unable to stop the emotions that riddled my body, my mind and soul. I shook my head no before placing my hands upon his chest. Lightly pushing him away my glossy chestnut orbs peered into his.

I couldn't handle this situation right now. My mind was moving a hundred miles per hour and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. In a muffled tone I heard him called out my name as I attempted to part from him again. I mentally coached myself to ignore him and continue to head out of the house. My body trembled, the tears I was shedding cause my vision to blur. The four walls seemed to be enclosing me, the feeling was become unbearable.

"Vixen don't do this" I heard him say.

I turned around slowly wiping my eyes. The sight of him down on his knees, with tears falling filled my blurred vision. His face showed sorrow, confusion, pain. A look I never seen on him before. The sight only made my already shattered heart crumble into a million more pieces.

"Don't do this to me" he said reaching out for me once again.

My hand found it's way to my mouth as it silenced my cry. I watched him beg and plead for me to stay. "I can't do this right now" I spoke barely audible.

A lump had formed in my throat causing no other words to escape. And even if I wanted to speak, deep down I couldn't find the courage to speak. At least not right now. I just need to leave this home, this situation and most of all him. I backed away slowly, keeping my eyes locked with his chocolate brown orbs. Salty tears continued to fall from both of our eyes.

Exhaling a shaky breath I placed my small hand on the doorknob and twisted the oak door open. "I love you" was the last thing I heard as I stepped out of the home. Closing the door behind me. "I love you Adrian" I faintly whispered