Chapter XIII

Vacation Day #4

Since we've been partying since landing in Punta Cana Melanie and Vixen wanted to have a chill day. But honestly it wasn't a chill day for me and Lalo. We have been in the Palma Real Shopping Village for the past two hours and a nigga was getting tired. I never understood how women were able to shop for hours on end. After visiting four stores with them Lalo and I decided to take a break. Watching the girls pinball between all the designer stores was a funny sight. Every so often Vixen would come over to drop off her bags and then she was gone again. At this point I needed some weed in my system. Getting up from the table in the middle of the shopping village Lalo and I headed to the truck.

"Why the fuck they couldn't just shop online like normal people" Lalo scoffed flicking his lighter to life as he lit the blunt that was tucked between his lips

"You know women got to try they shit on before they buy it and make sure shit match" I said with a chuckle

"Should had just gave Vixen yo card and let her do her damage. You got the funds" He joked hitting my arm

That was true. While hustling instead of spending my money on unnecessary shit I made sure to stack it. The biggest purchase I made was paying for my education and my house. I was subtle with my flex, I didn't need to flash shit to let a nigga or woman know I had it. My actions provided that.

"Speaking of funds, you and Santiago figured out how you going to get that work to the States ?" I inquired

Whenever buying product overseas you had to be a clever muthafucka when it came to getting your shit where it needed to be. Whether it be tucking the shit in to a shit load of teddy bears or making faulty water bottles. When Lalo and I first started out our connect sent women to use that held the shit in the stomachs. It was a nasty ass sight to witness but you got to do what you have to do.

"Yeah we doing it the fruit method. It's leaving by cargo ship to Miami, then my people down in Miami bringin' it up to Chicago" He informed me "and don't think I aint gon drop a little something on you for coming out here"

Waving my hand I declined his offer to pay me for traveling out here with him. I wouldn't expect him to pay me. We're family and I know he would had done the same for me. Taking the blunt from him I ashed it before tucking it between my lips.

"Nah bro I'm good. You know I got yo back no matter how reckless shit it is" I chuckled blowing smoke from my nose

Dapping Lalo up we continued to talk about what was going on in his life. He had a show in a couple of days when we get back to Chicago. He extended the invitation to Melanie and Vixen. As I clipped the blunt the sound of Vixen's laugh filled my ears. Following the sound I watched her and Melanie approach us with several bags in each hand.

"About time I was about to send yall ass an Uber" Lalo said popping the trunk of the truck

"Whatever Big Lo, Adrian wasn't going to let you leave his baby stranded" Melanie said with a laugh

Taking the bags from Vixen she gave me a kiss. Since we've became official we had another talk about us. Being that firm frowned on office relationships we decided to keep us under wraps while in the work place and the minor events we attended with some of our coworkers. I didn't mind it being that I didn't want what we were doing to affect her job.