Chapter XVII

"So what do you want to do today ?" I asked Vixen as sipped on the coffee she made me

"I was actually going to ask you that" She chuckled looking over at me

After leaving my mom's party last night Vixen and I went back to her place. We went another round before finally passing out around three in the morning. We would have still been sleeping if it wasn't for the firm calling me at eight this morning. I told them they might as well fire me over the phone because there was no way I was going to step foot in there after the bullshit they put Melanie and Vixen through. Luckily I didn't have shit in my office besides random knick-knacks they could toss away.

"Shit we can do anything you want to. It aint like we got somewhere to be" I laughed thinking about the joke Lalo said last night

"Well, there is a place I would like to go if you don't mind coming with me. There's some people I want you to meet" She said looking over at me

"I'm down babe. I'm all yours today" I replied leaning over kissing her cheek

"Thank you babe. I'm going to go get ready so we can head out once you're all together" She said sliding off the barstool

As she sauntered out of the kitchen I licked over my lips as her sheer duster provided me with a glimpse of her naked body. If it wasn't for Trojan and birth control I'm pretty sure VIxen would be pregnant by now. Granted I wouldn't mind if she was the mother of my child. Zoe and I had a couple of pregnancies scares. Each time it came out she wasn't pregnant she would remind me of how much she didn't want kids. One time her ass was even bold enough to tell me if she was pregnant she would abort the baby. Like damn just fuck how I feel about it. I get the whole a woman's body, her choice but what if yall together ? I just supposed to be shit out a luck ? Call me selfish but I could be a selfish muthafucka over the shit I'm passionate about.

Drinking down the last of my coffee I gathered up our dishes and loaded them into the dishwasher. Starting the cycle I made my way out of the kitchen and upstairs to Vixen's room. Since we've been bouncing from each other homes I figured it would be smart to leave some clothes here and she does the same for my crib. As I stepped inside of the room Vixen was just walking out of the bathroom.

"Good timing" She chuckled walking over her closet

"Aye babe, I meant to ask who am I meeting ?" I questioned walking into the bathroom

"My parents" She shouted out to me as she rummaged through her closet

Parents ? That's something Vixen had always avoided talking to me about. I figured she had bad blood with them since she always deflected questions about them. Whenever I asked about her childhood she would say she had a good one and that she grew up on the West Side of Chicago. That's it, that's all. I never wanted to pry because I felt there was a reason she kept them hidden but at least I'm meeting them now.

Turning on the shower I stripped out of my basketball shorts. Stepping into the warm water I lowered my head and let the water consume me. Since I was no longer working at the firm I knew I had to make some moves. Although with the money I had stashed I could live comfortably for a few years but that money would run out. I always wanted to open an art gallery. I fucked with criminal justice but art was my hidden passion. After visiting the art institute back in elementary school I've been hooked since.

Breaking myself out of my thoughts I realized I had been in the shower longer than I expected. Washing the remaining suds off my body I turned off the shower. Stepping out I grabbed my towel, quickly drying myself off I wrapped the towel around my waist. Walking inside the room I saw Vixen was already dressed. She was struggling to put on a diamond tennis bracelet. Once realizing I was out of the bathroom she turned to me.