Chapter XXVII

Two Months Later

A lot has happened in these past two months. Since getting back from LA, Vixen scheduled a doctor's appointment to confirm her pregnancy. She was worried about the test she took being a false positive. But after doing blood work as well as an ultrasound, she was definitely pregnant. I've been feeling waves of emotions about her pregnancy. I was happy, to say the least, but in the back of my mind, I was worried. Was I going to be a good dad ? Although I'm not beefing with anyone was I putting my family in harm's way? Just because I wasn't beefing with anyone wasn't going to stop niggas from being envious of the moves I was making. The last thing I wanted to do was put stress on Vixen, so instead of working the full year as I planned, I was going to stop once she had the baby. Santiago might get pissed but the nigga will be alright. He still got Lalo.

Vixen and I officially moved in together even though we basically been living together for months now. She placed her house on the market and we were in the process of finding a new home. I wasn't going to sell my place, I was going to keep it as a getaway home for those nights Vixen and I have our issues. But the thing that had a nigga shook at the current moment was my gallery opening. After two long ass months, the gallery was finally opening. Some of the most prestigious people will be in attendance, which meant I might be earning a few Ms tonight. Malachi and Silver were also going to be here tonight as well. Surprisingly Silver and Vixen kept in touch after that whole threesome fiasco.

Taking a pull of the blunt I inhaled the relaxing herb before blowing a thick cloud of smoke from my lips. I was pacing back and forth in my office trying to calm my nerves. I've handled some crazy ass cases as a lawyer why the fuck was I nervous over this. Running my hand over my head I turned to face the door hearing it open. Vixen stepped inside of my office causing some of my nervousness to fade away. She had a smile along her pouty lips. She looked beautiful tonight. She wore a form-fitting white dress, that hugged her in all the right places. Her flat stomach was beginning to take a round shape but it was barely noticeable unless you were staring at her long enough. Her usually curly hair was straightened out.

"How are you feeling ?" I asked clipping the blunt into the ashtray on my desk

"I'm good babe. I just wanted to check on you. It's close to the opening and you're back here. You feeling nervous ?" She inquired rubbing my cheek

"Yeah a little I'm not even gon' hold you" I chuckled placing a kiss on her wrist

"Don't be baby. Your gallery is going to do amazing, you're going to do amazing as well. You're following your dreams and I'm so proud of you Adrian" She smiled up at me

"Thank you Vix. For everything" I replied wrapping my arm around her slim waist

Pulling her closer to me to fill the small space between us I kissed her lips. As much as Vixen liked to credit me for being her rock, she was mine. She brought me ease, comfort. She was my rock, right along with my unborn. Giving her side a soft squeeze I placed another kiss on her lips before pulling away. Vixen used her thumb to wipe her gloss from my lips.