6: Judgement

The small shuffling sound from the richly waved black and golden robe as the king's hand slipped into it, was the only sound that any ear would grasp, the chamber smell like fragrance, natural fragrance from the king's bath, the adorned his hair and every inch of his skin. 

"My Lord, your belt." The elven maiden held out the belt made of the same fabric for her betrothed. 

"Is it your best Shiloh?" His voice was soft, she looked up at his gaze meeting the hatred in his flaming right eye, she quickly looked down sucking a deep breath and tensing. 

"Get me my jewelry, don't just stand there!" He snapped. She hurried out of his sight, almost tripping on her rob. 

He rolled his eyes while fastening his belt with modesty and style. Meanwhile, after she retrieved the tray of jewelry she had prepared for him on that day she was hurrying back to him in order to prevent another round of cold words and humiliations. Unfortunately, she never made it. She tripped on her robe and stumbled but couldn't catch herself so she landed on the ground and the jewels poured out of the tray and hit the ground. The king immediately rose to his feet. 

If his eye was flame before now it was the window to hell. She gasped and hurried to pick them back in the tray in disarray. 

She grabbed a ring that got damaged in the process, an emerald ring with the best sculpting design in all Solasovia. 

She looked at the ring then at her King, she quickly bowed chest heaving and words lost in her throat. Before she got to express the words he snatched her hand holding firmly forcing her on her knees, it felt like he was trying to crush her bone with his hold. 

"I-I'm sorry!" She quaked tears filling her eyes, his right eyes burning even more while his left eye turned to a darker emerald shed. 

"You bungersome maladroit! One task! And you're making a hell out of it!" His grip tightened and she began sensing the heat of his hold. 

"I'll never get married to a good for nothing as you are! Rather die! You disgust me!" He poured out through gritted teeth. She whimpered under the hard look and his burning hold. 

"I'm sorry! Forgive me, My lord." She blurted with tears. He let go of her wrist roughly. 

"Shut up worthless elf! You're such a disgrace!" 

She grabbed her hand shakily, it was badly burnt and he could care less. "I don't want to see this face of yours, Again! Put on a veil or something! You're good for looks!" 

She sobbed at his words like darts. They hurt. This was beside the worst state she had ever thrown him into. At least he had admitted his feelings. 

He turned around leaving her to crawl her way out. He looked at himself through the mirror, clenching his jaw. 

He reaped his belt and took off the robe before he called in his servant to take charge and find him something fitting. In no time he was in his sombre attire with the jewelry he could manage after her clumsy fall; most of the crystal rings broke and his generational ring was damaged. 

He waited for his hair to be brushed and braided as it should be. It looked glamorous but not as he had always wanted it. The braids were not tight enough like Shiloh usually does. But her case was ready to be sealed. 

He stepped out with his servant next to him like his faithful dog trailing behind him as he walked the hall to the dining hall, to his surprise the six wise men were already seated in the chairs set up for them and they seemed to have been enjoying their meal till he stepped in. 

"Greetings wise beings." His voice revealed no emotion as the words spread into the air. 

Their different color-ranging eyes rested on him and traced him to his throne. Where he sat with his arm resting on the Golden throne arm and his finger slowly tapping with his ringed fingers. Knock, knock, knock.