11: Reflect

Oxias leaped to the stairs unable to walk faster or straighter, he so badly wanted to get away from them. 

Once he disappeared upstairs and they heard the door click Marcus rolled his eyes with his furious look still on. 

"This is no easy task at all, you better be his shadow as from this hour till he returns back to his fantasy. I can't put up with his shits any longer. Just so you all know." His gaze frequently shifted from Sado to Phineas. 

"He better stay alive and instant, if anything happens to him we're all in for something, do you hear me?" 

Sado raised her hand to her head for a military salute, "Sir yes sir." She sounded like a soldier.

Phineas rolled his eyes. "Taken." He grunted. 

"Fine. We better leave him to himself. We'll have to set up the rules altogether and let him know." Marcus huffed with his hands on his hips. 

Oxias shut the door behind him and slid down the door back against it. He breathed out loudly though it came out unstable from the pain but he could feel it was slowly fading. 

How could anyone raise their hands on him? He clenched his fists as the thought pierced his mind. The last time he felt so pained was years back, though the pain was worse and agonizing than what the man had inflicted on him. It still brought the moment to his mind. 

"Luna, he is only a child, are you sure this is what's best for him?" The beta had asked. 

The Luna rose with her black robe and bloody lips, "do as I say! He is my son!" She roared. 

The beta glanced at the white-haired child with a bare chest, hands and feet chained. He bowed to the Luna and left, coming back later with some other werewolves carrying a boiling lava pot and a long iron with a symbol at the end. 

The beta stood next to the Luna forcing the words out. "Here it is." 

She walked to the white-haired boy who didn't look up. "Son, are you ready for this?" She asked her tone threatening and masking her true intentions. 

The boy finally looked up his Bi-colored eyes relating to her dark ones. "Mother, I don't want to be faced with this." He said. 

The Luna's face formed a displeasing scowl and she raised her clawed fingers bringing it down on her child, he flinched at the hit, the Beta stepped a foot to intervene, but he couldn't do much more than that step behind her back. 

"You have no right to be weak! You have no right to run away from pain! PAIN is part of your existence, everyone gets killed and damaged. You must be stronger than pain!" She yelled on his face before she angrily grabbed the long hot iron. 

She grabbed him by the hair tilting his head the other way so it left the croak of his neck exposed. She placed the iron down on her child. It burned his skin and sank in but the child didn't jerk away. He shut his eyes and gritted his teeth. 

She smiled proudly at her child. 

Oxias reached softly past his long locks, his fingers going to find the brand mark, it was the most excruciating pain he had ever felt, but he couldn't voice it, he wasn't allowed to, those were the rules. 

He clapped his hand around the brand, she was right, pain was there and would always be there. He had to face reality. He was now a fallen king and the only way he could get his kingdom back was by playing it wisely, by compelling as he had compelled with his mother's actions.

He brought his both hands to his view looking at the silvery bracelet. When they'll finally break off he would return back there and every living being on the realms would know he has arrived, there would be a great cry of agony, including the voices of the elders. And he would find his way back to earth to conquer it, and claim ownership. 

He clenched his fist. That is until then. 

He pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his hand around it. The darkness of his palace was screaming out to him, he so desperately wanted to be in the tower watching over his people and observing the imp recruit nightmares. 

He so badly wanted to feel powerful, able, worshiped. But instead, all he felt was the old void under the layers of his skin. He had always felt desolate, and his actions were from the void. All his life he was taught being merciless was being the right leader. 

Where had he gone wrong?

He sucked in a breath, wiping his running nose, when his hand came to his view he saw it was stained with his blood, red and dark. He brought it to his lips licking with the tip of his tongue. It was tasteless, he could only starve more, he was craving souls and a cup of blood to digest the meal. 

That brought him to realize he couldn't feed on people's souls which left him with no other option to feed himself. Was it their plan? For him to die of hunger? 

This only angered him, he was like a ticking bomb, a huge volcano wanting to explode, the anger inside him was more than he could bear. 

First, he received letters from those senseless idiots, then his repulsive betrothed ruined his jewelry including his father's emerald ring.

When he thought of the only thing his father had ever done for him he touched his index finger where the ring used to stay. He was always wearing it. 

He buried his head in his knees and wrapped his hands around himself. He had seen Shiloh in a similar position before and couldn't understand why she would take such a shameful position. Maybe, he thought. 

It was warm, bringing you the little comfort anybody's hold would give, making you special in the dark, you and yourself a time to reflect, and it somehow filled the inside of you. 

He had no idea how to diagnose himself, was homesick right? The aching feeling inside, if he was sensitive as his betrothed he would've cried, tears, well, he had never cried not even the day he was born as a baby. 

Now left to himself he made a decision, fighting, yelling and barking couldn't help in his situation. He needed a different approach, they were all stronger than him, and he wanted to be strong without his magic and powers. When he threw that punch it did break the man's nose that proved he had some strength inside. 

His ears pricked at the sound of soft footsteps. And he could smell the fresh smell of meat. He remained put. 

A knock erupted after the feet stopped behind his door. "Hey, uh, are you hungry? Do you need me to stitch your wounds? Or give you a painkiller, damn, he doesn't need those, or water, or new clothes. You definitely need a haircut and we should fix you soon." 

He rolled his eyes, as he had recognized the red freak's voice.

When she didn't obtain any answer she stepped down, his silence seemed to have driven her away, Oxias couldn't be any glad. At least he now knew what would keep her distance away from him.

Hello guys!