𝟏| 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

CHAPTER ONE:

HONOUR TO THE FAMILY

THE SUN WAS slowly rising as the moon was slowly setting

THE SUN WAS slowly rising as the moon was slowly setting. The sky was an orange-pinkish type or color as the birds chirped while flying in the air, waking up the few people that were still asleep in their comfy beds. A girl, Y/n, sat in the middle of her bed with a small wooden table in front of her, a bowl of rice on top of it.

The girl was preparing herself before she had to go see the matchmaker. Her long h/c hair was down over her shoulders as she grabbed the paintbrush from behind her ear after taking a bite of some rice, using some paint and writing down some words to remember on her arm when to go see the matchmaker.

The sound of a rooster crowing in the distance catches her attention, making the girl spring out of her bed and running out of her room, calling for her dog. Eventually, she finds him, watching as he woke up from his peaceful sleep.

"There you are. Who's the smartest doggy in the world? Come on, smart boy. Can you help me with my chores today?" Y/n asks, dropping a bag of food for the chicken's behind her dog.

The girl then ties a piece of bamboo to the dog's leach, then tying a bone around it, which instantly catches the dog's attention as it drops in front of him. Y/n watches as her dog runs around, the food coming out of the bag for the chickens.

Her gaze lands on a boy, her best friend, Milan. She watches as he stumbles around when her dog runs past him, only focused on the bone that was in front of his face at the moment. Y/n chuckles, which catches her best friend's attention as he looks over, a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Good morning." Milan greets with a smile as he walks over to her.

Y/n chuckles. "Good morning, Milan. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I came to wish you good luck. And to also maybe accompany you there." Milan replies, gesturing to his horse that was beside her horse.

"Sure, just let me get ready." Y/n tells him, jogging back inside her house.

The girl gets on her dress as quick as possible, tying up her hair into a low ponytail and grabbing a tray with tea on top. After that, she walks towards the temple where her ancestors laid, seeing her father at the top. However, she stops halfway upon seeing her dog growling at the bone that was a little above him. Crouching down, Y/n pulls the bone down, giving it to her dog.

"Father, I brought your--" Y/n begins, only to stop when she bumps into her father.

The man catches the teapot with his cane as the tray and the teacup fall to the ground, the glass breaking all together.

"Y/n." Her father starts.

"I brought a spare." Y/n informs, bringing out another tea cup and filling it with tea.