𝟒| 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧

CHAPTER FOUR:

BLENDING IN

IN THE MIDDLE of the forest, away from the camp full of soldiers, Y/n stood in front of her horse, still wearing her father's armor as she tried to make her voice sound deeper, making her body more masculine to look more like a man

"Okay, okay, how about this?" Y/n asks, clearing her throat. "Excuse me. Where do I sign in? I see you have a sword. I have one, too. They're very manly and tough."

As she spoke, the girl tried unsheathing her sword, but has a little trouble as the long blade falls to the ground, causing her horse to double over as if he was laughing. Rolling her eyes, Y/n throws her shoe at him.

"I'm working on it!" Y/n exclaims, then putting her shoe back on. "Who am I fooling? It's going to take a miracle to get me into the army."

"Did I hear someone ask for a miracle?" A voice echoes.

Turning around, Y/n's eyes widen upon seeing a large shadow of a dragon on the large rock behind a smaller rock as fire emitted from each sides. The dragon actually happened to be Mushu.

"Let me hear you say "Aaah"!" Mushu announces.

In response, Y/n let's out a scream close to that while hiding behind a rock.

"That's close enough." Mushu states.

"A ghost." Y/n mumbles.

"Get ready, Y/n. Your serpentine salvation is at hand! For I have been sent by your ancestors to guide you through your masquerade." Mushu assures as a smaller shadow appears.

Y/n watches as the 'bigger' dragon kicks the smaller shadow down while the fire starts turning into smoke instead before lighting on fire again.

"So heed my word! Cause if the army finds out you're a girl, the penalty is death!" Mushu continues.

"Who are you?" Y/n questions.

"Who am I? Who am I? I am the guardian of lost souls. I am powerful, the pleasurable, indestructible Mushu." Mushu replies, revealing himself as he walks out from behind the rock. Y/n stares at him with a confused face. "Pretty hot, huh?"

Just then, Y/n's horse presses his hoofs to the small dragon, squishing him against the ground before Y/n pulled him away, watching as Mushu coughs out the dust on the ground.

Y/n bends downs, grabbing Mushu with her fingers. "Uh, my ancestors sent a little lizard to help me?" The girl drops him and starts to poke him.

Mushu swats her hand away. "Hey, dragon, dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing." Just as he says this, he sticks his tongue out like a snake.

"You're, um..." Y/n starts, trailing off as Mushu climbs a tree from beside her.

"Intimidating? Awe-inspiring?" Mushu asks.