𝟐| 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

CHAPTER TWO:

AN EVIL PLAN

THE BIRDS CHIRPING loudly in the small town in China were loud as they flew in the air in the morning sky

THE BIRDS CHIRPING loudly in the small town in China were loud as they flew in the air in the morning sky. The chirps of crickets added to the sound as the insects all hid beneath the tall grass, way below the birds that flew high in the sky and above all the civilians in the small town of China. In the L/n residence, the same beautiful tree near the small river could be seen where it always was, the pink petals occasionally falling down onto the ground as it flew down, some even landing and floating on the water.

Right by the large trunk of the tree, a bench could be seen, the same bench Y/n's father had been sitting at before she had came back home. The same bench her father would sit at while she was off to war, wishing and hoping she'd make it home alive and well.

Turning the corner as she held her lover's hand in hers, Y/n led Milan to the bench, facing him as she sat down as they stared into each other's eyes. Meanwhile, just from the doors of her small house, her parents and grandmother were watching the whole ordeal between the couple. They watched as Milan went down on one knee, his mouth moving as he popped the question.

A loud cheer escaped Y/n as she rose her arms before jumping on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and shoulders as they both fell to the ground. Milan let out a chuckle as he instantly hugged her back, pressing a kiss to her temple as he continued to chuckle at her reaction, relief filling him that she said yes.

The girl's grandmother gasps, smiling. "She said yes."

Her father looks at his wife who sniffles, wiping a tear that fell. "When one's heart is overfilled with joy, some may spill from the eyes."

"You can say that again. I win the pot." Her grandmother exclaims, bringing out some coins that were attached to a rope.

"Actually, you bet he would propose before sundown. I bet he would propose before noon." Her father reminds.

The girl's mother steps forward. "But, you don't gamble."

"Betting against my mother is not a gamble." Her father states, holding out his hand for the coins. "It's an investment."

Letting out a groan, clearly displeased that she lost the bet between her and her son, Y/n's grandmother places the coins into his opened hand, letting out another groan.

🗡

Only a few hours had gone by since the proposal with Milan and Y/n and the girl's family watching the entire ordeal between the couple. Inside her own home in her bedroom, Y/n was fixing her dress while holding a large cloak in her arms as she looked at herself in the mirror, wanting to look decent at least.

The sound of the dragon she called her friend, Mushu, cries filled her ears after she had told him Milan had proposed to her. The red dragon held a piece of cloth in his paws as he wiped at his tears, trying not to continue to cry. At the end of the girl's bed, Cri-Kee was watching the entire thing, occasionally rolling his eyes at the dragon's reaction.