𝟏| 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER ONE:

A MONTH LATER

THE SUN WAS up and shining down on a small town in China, the civilians being seen venturing through the town, happy smiles on their faces as their happy voices chattered with one another

THE SUN WAS up and shining down on a small town in China, the civilians being seen venturing through the town, happy smiles on their faces as their happy voices chattered with one another. Months had gone by since the war between the Huns and what happened at the palace with the emperor of China and people felt safe, as of right now.

The Huns were gone, Shan Yu had been defeated by a woman, not a man. The birds and crickets were happily chirping loudly in the afternoon sky as the birds flew high up, the white clouds decorating the blue sky as the crickets hid in the tall grass, occasionally making sounds.

Just close by a nice looking house in a field, a dog and a cricket, Cri-Kee, could be seen as they stared at the girl, Y/n, in front of them. The e/c eyed girl was jumping around, letting out battle cries and making fighting positions as she threw a rake she was holding into the air before grabbing it, twisting it in her hands and acting as if it was a sword just like she had done all those months ago when she saved China from Shan Yu and the Huns.

As she continued, she didn't notice all the little girls behind her until she let out a loud 'hi-ya' and other voices echoed it. Turning around, a small smile comes onto her face at the sight of the little girls as they all tried to pose like her.

"Hiya." Y/n greets as her dog barks at the girls, making her pat his head. "It's okay, d/n. What's going on here?"

"We wanna be like you, L/n Y/n." A little girl, Sha-Ron, replies.

Just then, she lets out squeaky battle cries just like Y/n had been doing before, holding the stick in her hand as she acted as if it was a weapon, jumping up in the air and kicking her legs out. Y/n couldn't help but chuckle while the other little girls giggled when the girl fell onto her butt.

"But I'm still learning myself." Y/n tells them.

Almost right after, their high-pitched and squeaky voices were all letting out pleads as they clasped their hands together, looking up at the girl with puppy dog eyes, hoping that they could convince her. When she did give in, they all let out cheers, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Y/n's gonna teach us how to kick butt!" Sha-Ron exclaims before they were all cheering.

Y/n chuckles. "Hold it. Calm down. That's lesson number two. The first and most important lesson is to be gentle at the same time we're being tough."

"How can you be tough and gentle?" A little girl asks.

"Yeah, I wanna be tough." Sha-Ron adds as she pretends to flex before punching the air, receiving agreements.

"I know it does sound a little funny, huh? But the world is full of opposites, and so are you. To be a good warrior, you must bring it all into balance." Y/n explains, only to get curious looks. "Let's see if this helps. Earth, sky, day, night. Sound and silence. Dark and light."