𝟓| 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮

CHAPTER FIVE:

MAN OUT OF YOU

THE SUN WAS slowly rising, the sky a bright yellow-ish orange

THE SUN WAS slowly rising, the sky a bright yellow-ish orange. Y/n slept peacefully in her tent, or as peaceful as she could be. Her tent happened to be far away from everyone else's, as everyone in this camp already didn't like her.

Cri-Kee slept in her shoes, using her sock as a blanket. Suddenly, Mushu grabs ahold of the cricket, twisting his antennas around before the insect makes an alarm type noise as the dragon puts Cri-Kee close to Y/n's ear in hopes of waking her up, which she does.

"Alright! Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty. Come on. Hup, hup, hup." Mushu ushers, knocking on her head.

Y/n groans in response, pulling her head under the blanket. However, Mushu pulled the whole blanket off of her, causing the girl to shiver as she reaches out for it with eyes closed, but it was nowhere near her.

"Get your clothes on. Get ready. Got breakfast for ya." Mushu continues.

The girl sits up, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes as Mushu hops up on her knee, holding a bowl in his hand as he wore a small pink piece of cloth to use as an apron.

"Look, you get porridge, and it's happy to see you." Mushu informs as he holds a bowl of porridge to her, revealing two eggs as eyes and a piece of bacon as a mouth. Cri-Kee suddenly pops up from the porridge. "Get outta there! You gonna make people sick."

"Am I late?" Y/n asks.

Mushu shoves some porridge in her mouth. "No time to talk. Now remember, it's your first day of training, so listen to your teacher and no fighting, play nice with the other kids, unless one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other kid's butt."

"But I don't wanna kick the other kid's butt." Y/n states, mouth full of porridge.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Mushu scolds. "Now let's see your war face." Y/n only stares at him, her cheeks chubby as it was still full of porridge. "I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover. Come on! Scare me, girl."

The dragon tosses the bowl to the ground, grabbing ahold of Y/n's collar as she swallows the porridge before growling at him, making him fall back on the ground.

"Yeah, that's my tough-looking warrior. That's what I'm talking about." Mushu praises, tying her hair into a bun. "Now, get out there and make me proud."

Just then, a neighing fills their ears. The two look over, seeing Y/n's horse looking inside the tent while Y/n tiredly gets on her clothing.

"What do you mean the troops just left?" Mushu questions.

Y/n's eyes widen. "They what?"

Quickly, she rolls out of her tent, leaving Mushu inside as she runs off, not hearing Mushu call to her about her sword as he held it in his claws. He stops as he watches her run off.