𝟑| 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧

CHAPTER THREE:

WAKING UP THE DRAGON

NOW BACK INSIDE her room, Y/n found herself sitting at the dinner table with her father, mother and grandmother, all of them eating and drinking their tea in silence

NOW BACK INSIDE her room, Y/n found herself sitting at the dinner table with her father, mother and grandmother, all of them eating and drinking their tea in silence. Y/n held a teapot in her hand as she poured everyone's cups with tea.

A frown held her face as she thought of the fight her and Milan had earlier that evening. And also about the fact that he and her father were going off to fight the Huns. The clap of thunder and the small patter of rain could occasionally be heard from the outside as a storm had came to them during the night.

Placing the teapot down, Y/n glanced between her family members, meeting her grandmother's eyes for a split second before she looked away, continuing to drink her tea. Glancing over to her parents, both didn't even look at her as they ate their food.

She wanted to say something.

She needed to say something.

So she did.

Y/n slams her teacup on the table as she stands up. "You shouldn't have to go!"

"Y/n..." Her mother scolds.

"There are plenty of young men to fight for China." Y/n continues.

"It is an honor to protect my country and my family." Her father replies.

"So, you'll die for honor." Y/n states.

Her father stands up. "I will die doing what's right."

"But if you--" Y/n begins.

"I know my place!" Her father exclaims, cutting her off. "It is time you learned yours."

Instead of responding, the girl runs off, opening the doors outside as she hugs a pillar next to her, sobbing to herself quietly while the storm began to roll in.

🗡

Still outside, Y/n hugged her knees close to her chest as she sat on the statue of a dragon, feeling the rain rush down on her and everywhere else while the clap of thunder occasionally came after every minute.

Looking up from where she was, Y/n watches her parents shadows from inside their home, watching her mother look down but her father brings her gaze back up by grabbing her chin gently. However, the woman walks away from her husband before he blows out the last candle, their shadows going away.

With a determined look, Y/n hops off the statue, running towards the temple of her ancestors, bowing as she puts her hands together, seeming to pray before running off and back inside her house. She quietly walks into her parents room, seeing them asleep in their bed.

She grabs the scroll from her father's bedside, replacing it with her comb before quietly jogging out, walking into the room her father had been training earlier in. Opening up the cupboard, she kneels on the floor as she unsheathes her father's sword, holding some of her hair out.